New member checking in!

Hi everyone. My name is Joe. Im a progamming engineer at Ford. I have an 04 STi, 03 EVO and 12 F-150. The STi is the daily driver for the time being until I get the itch to build it. The STi has the basic bolt-ons. The EVO is under going its third build.

Thanks to Batmobile_Engage to leaving a card on my car and informing me about this site.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

He's going to be so excited you joined. :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Omg welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!!

04 wrb ftw!!!!! :bigtup:

Sti and evo. Best of both worlds. Is it ok to ask if you can give feedback on both cars? (Not sure how much power your evo makes in regards to the sti. Same with suspension)

Please post more pictures of both cars as i would love to see more!! (Im sure im not the only one!)

And then the final question.... Which do you prefer OVERALL: the sti or the evo? :D

Omg welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!!

04 wrb ftw!!!!! :bigtup:

Sti and evo. Best of both worlds. Is it ok to ask if you can give feedback on both cars? (Not sure how much power your evo makes in regards to the sti. Same with suspension)

Please post more pictures of both cars as i would love to see more!! (Im sure im not the only one!)

And then the final question.... Which do you prefer OVERALL: the sti or the evo? :D

Thank you. Well feedbeack is difficult because they are AWD and turbo but completely different in their own aspects.

I love the Subie sound. For a daily it drives great, sounds great, stops on a dime, and fast enough for me. I think the suspension needs a little more work and the 04 stock pink struts kinda suck and are way too expensive. Honestly, living in Michigan, it should be a little softer with bigger sway bars. Im going to be sending them out to Feal to have them re-valved.

The EVO has a smooth suspension and I drove it stock for 6 years with no complaints. It sould use a sway bar upgrade. The EVO makes around 650-700awhp and kinda sucks to daily drive.

Stock for stock, I like the EVO more. I do like the DCCD in the STi. The EVO didnt have ACD until 05. I think Im a little biased since I know more about them and I can work on them blind folded.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So all the noobs that complain about reliability issues:

Evo makes the power but sucks to daily.

Sti is the daily driver but sucks for power.

Thats what ive heard back when i was deciding to buy my car. My friends would always tell me to buy an evo.

So since you drove both. You say evo. So that means people dont know what the hell they were talking about or how to take care of the cars.

How many miles on the chassis of both cars?

So all the noobs that complain about reliability issues:

Evo makes the power but sucks to daily.

Sti is the daily driver but sucks for power.

Thats what ive heard back when i was deciding to buy my car. My friends would always tell me to buy an evo.

So since you drove both. You say evo. So that means people dont know what the hell they were talking about or how to take care of the cars.

How many miles on the chassis of both cars?

The STi has 103k and the EVO has around 135k miles on them.

Once I started making over the 500whp mark, it was a pain to drive daily. Just because maintenance is more frequent. 2k oil changes (high zinc content and blowby makes the oil break down faster), plus timing belts, fluids in general, etc... I drove it for 50k miles at 450whp and only had to replace a wheel bearing.

IMO if you are looking to buy an EVO or STi, you cant go wrong with either. They all have their strong points and weaknesses. The STi you have to build the engine to make 450whp and the EVO you need to build the trans to take the power. Once you go over that you need both in the EVO. The STi has a great trans from the start. The evo 6 speed is terrible.

I had an 04 WRX I loved driving so I found a great deal on this STi and bought it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback! :bigtup:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thanks to Batmobile_Engage to leaving a card on my car and informing me about this site.

Welcome to the team. He's going to be so excited you joined. :)

Woooohooo! I sure as hell am excited! I don't know very many people in the area and none of them have an STi.
Great to have you here, Joe. I work at Yazaki in the testing center and live near 7 Mile and Middlebelt,
so let me know if you're ever passing through and come check out the Batmobile. :D

-Ryan

Last edited:
Sounds great. I live in redford about 3 miles from your work. I was looking for a JBP STi and couldnt find one. What do you do at Yazaki?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yeah, that's not far at all. I perform electromagnetic compatibility testing on automotive electronics.
I'm testing some Toyota gauge clusters today actually.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the Platinum club! :bigtup:

Now it's mandatory you make a separate garage/journal for the STi and EVO!!!!!!!

Whenever you get the chance to, of course! I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting patiently to see both the STi and EVO!

Lots of info and lots of pics! Especially on the EVO since I barely know anything about them!

Welcome to the Platinum club! :bigtup:

Now it's mandatory you make a separate garage/journal for the STi and EVO!!!!!!!

Whenever you get the chance to, of course! I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting patiently to see both the STi and EVO!

Lots of info and lots of pics! Especially on the EVO since I barely know anything about them!

Thank you, I will get some pics together this week and start posting them up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!!! :bigtup:

Cant wait!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Welcome to the forum! I personally think it's sweet that you have both EVO and STi. After all those years with the EVO, what made you decide to get an STi as well?