New Member from Cincinnati, OH

Hey everyone, new to this site, saw the good things that Ed and Scott had to say and I'm tired of the newb bullshit elsewhere. I'm pretty active on IWSTI and Cincinnati Subarus, pretty much use NASIOC to sell shit ... I use the same username on all of them. From what I am told this place is a bit more of my style so I am looking forward to seeing what this site has to offer.

My name is Pat, I'm an engineer from Cincinnati OH. I have been into cars since High School. The first one was a 99 Civic, noting worth talking about or even posting picture of. The first car I purchased was a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 that I had modded just past stage 2 that put down 330WHP ... here is a pic.

CleanNewWheels007.jpg

Traded the MS3 in on the 2011 STI went with a fully bolted FP Green setup and made 368WHP at Forged Performance. The STI is now under the knife again as I prep it to start using it for Time Trials. The plan is pretty extensive but it includes a Benson sleeved block, built heads, and lots of new parts from my sponsors. For now you will have to get caught up on IWSTI since I cant post all the shit from my journal here. Soon Ill start one here from where I am at now. The first post has links to all the major updates so you dont have to sift through the bullshit and you can get caught up on the current build if you want.

IWSTI BUILD THREAD

Here are some pics of the car from last season and as it sits now.

20111023-0617-wm.jpg

20110710-0026-wm.jpg

20111023-0200-wm.jpg

ForgedTUne041.jpg

ForgedTUne043.jpg

ForgedTUne045.jpg

ForgedTUne047.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Anyway ... I am looking forward to contributing to a forum that is actually focused on technical issues and making their cars faster. Ill work on getting a build thread going and Ill probably donate soon if I like what I see.

Last edited:
Do you know if they have any already built ... and whats too much ... I dont think an easy 600+ is too much but Ill be happy with 550 as a realistic number?

Turbo is capable of 800 as the advertised number. To be honest it's almost a 37R with the tricks added to it.

Butt posted over Tapatalk

I think your right I just dont want to be way to the right on the compressor map .. if we had one ;)

But if that's their recommendation and they think it will be good out to 8300RPM then great .. any idea on what they are thinking on the Turbine housing? I didn't get a chance to call them today and talk.

Garrett is still telling me the 3576 will be great but I have serious doubts looking at the map, I did get the price from Jason though and its tempting as hell .. I think the HTA is the way to go though.

R3V

Crack is always good ... whats better is what they dont have here and that is fucking idiots who dont know what the fuck they are talking about.

I've noticed that, it's nice. I'm probably among the least knowledgeable people on here, but I know it which helps. For reference: Your "subscribed" threads are under private messages and there is a folder on the left hand side labeled so. There's also a new posts section and a live feed of all the crap going on. Pretty sweet.

I've noticed that, it's nice. I'm probably among the least knowledgeable people on here, but I know it which helps. For reference: Your "subscribed" threads are under private messages and there is a folder on the left hand side labeled so. There's also a new posts section and a live feed of all the crap going on. Pretty sweet.

Subscribed threads is under quick links at the top for me ... kinda like it was on MSF. The live feed is pretty cool, is there a shout?

R3V

Subscribed threads is under quick links at the top for me ... kinda like it was on MSF. The live feed is pretty cool, is there a shout?

Hm, didn't even notice it there. There's a shout, but only for donating members. There's a chart under the premium member section of what you get for each level. I just did sponsor because it's not much $$$ and I get a shirt. :lol:

Definitely start up your TT build journal here too. I know transferring all of that is impossible but it's such good info that starting it up here too is a great plan.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

We have live chat for premium members! Checks out all the goodies you get. :)

Welcome to the group!! Nice Pics...love seeing others auto x!

Thanks, wont be doing much anymore .. pretty much sticking to road course now. I think Ill be a bit over powered and laggy for autoX unfortunately.

Hm, didn't even notice it there. There's a shout, but only for donating members. There's a chart under the premium member section of what you get for each level. I just did sponsor because it's not much $$$ and I get a shirt. :lol:

Definitely start up your TT build journal here too. I know transferring all of that is impossible but it's such good info that starting it up here too is a great plan.

I think I will work on getting it posted here. I'll do what I did on Cincinnati Subarus and start it from this build and link the old one for people who want to catch up on it from before. I feel like keeping this shit updated and dealing with the sponsorships and then building the car is another full time job lol.

We have live chat for premium members! Checks out all the goodies you get. :)

I will probably do the sponsorship level soon.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome to the family! Dysfunctional though it may be.. :shock: This is an awesome group of people, and always love to pick brains and noses.. don't let them near your nose, but they're safe near your brain. Half these guys have been building Subie's since they were in their mother's womb. Don't hesitate to ask or answer any questions that you feel are important to you. She looks good, friend! :D

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The other night, while SOBER (for once) I decided how I'm going to blow up my sleeved block once I've built the next engine and it's on the stand: AutoX with antilag. Think about it. :tard: I bet I'd make a killing on youtube!

:rofl:

Paul.c

Howdy. Glad to have you here. Yes there are idiots here but we are very few.

I can not stand the front end of the MS3. Sorry, I had to let that out.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Welcome - good to have you here as well. Check out the elite forum too - been following your thread on IW, I figure you'd enjoy some of the more brain numbing technical threads on there.

The other night, while SOBER (for once) I decided how I'm going to blow up my sleeved block once I've built the next engine and it's on the stand: AutoX with antilag. Think about it. :tard: I bet I'd make a killing on youtube!

Sigh...

Not to whore up Smitty's thread, but you need to check out the Carberry Rom thread on Romraider ('04 16 bit roms only, sadly) - the shit that he's implemented on there (including anti-lag) is unbelievable. Just as well it's not yet out for the 32 bit roms, I can just see a whole bunch of idiots implementing it and wondering why they blew shit up...

Last edited:
I've seen a 2.4L run 32 psi out to 9000rpms with no issues. It is also high compression. Also running e85.

Butt posted over Tapatalk

Done deal then .. if they have one ready to go.

Any word from Mikey or FP?

Welcome to the family! Dysfunctional though it may be.. :shock: This is an awesome group of people, and always love to pick brains and noses.. don't let them near your nose, but they're safe near your brain. Half these guys have been building Subie's since they were in their mother's womb. Don't hesitate to ask or answer any questions that you feel are important to you. She looks good, friend! :D

Howdy. Glad to have you here. Yes there are idiots here but we are very few.

I can not stand the front end of the MS3. Sorry, I had to let that out.

Welcome - good to have you here as well. Check out the elite forum too - been following your thread on IW, I figure you'd enjoy some of the more brain numbing technical threads on there.

Thanks guys ... Ill start checking this out a little more and copy my build over soon. This site is exactly what the community needs ... its lacking real technical knowledge for sure.