New member from NC

asherstan

after many years I was finally able to buy a brand new 2014, WRX STI, I fell in love with the bug eyes models , but was not able to purchase one, then the Hawkeye came out, oh man did I want one of those with the extra rear wing and awesome front end but didn't have $32-$35G's. then the son grew up moved out, so I bought a new 2014, and I love it, I traded in a 2012 Mazdaspped3 which was really a nice car,(after dumping $4000 in mods) but nothing compared to the sweet sound and great looks and awesome handling of the STI. I am excited about modifying this beast . It is not my daily driver, which is a (GASP) an 89 Honda Civic. I look forward to being a part of this forum

Awesome, welcome to the forum. Let's see them pics! I'm also from NC, which is a great state BTW.

What are your plans for the STi?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=3769]asherstan[/MENTION]. Get us some pics. ;)

Alter3go

That civic don't look too bad there man. Nice subtle touches on it and welcome to the subaru family. Enjoy the forum!!

Whereabouts in NC are you?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Welcome to the forum! This is probably my favorite car forum here on the net, and for good reason. Good people, lots of knowledge and resources, great community, and oh so friendly! I love seeing more WRB GV's joining the forum. Mine looks about the same as yours does lol :
IMG_1923.jpg

I just graduated from Western Carolina University and traveled quite a bit when i was in school...So I'm pretty familiar with the Hickory area. Have you heard of WNCRides or the 828 Car Collection?

Awesome, welcome to the forum. Let's see them pics! I'm also from NC, which is a great state BTW.

What are your plans for the STi?

NC is a great state, until you start talking about the government and their view on education. They're taking all sort of resources away from teachers, including higher pay for higher degrees, special ed classrooms, eliminating fine arts program entirely in some places, and all the while expecting teachers to produce better results with the decreased funds and other resources. It's absolutely haywire. They are the primary reason I moved back to GA. Sorry....Rant of the day over. Continue on your merry way.

Hickory NC, I am from Charlotte but my job moved me here 7 years ago

Love the mountains up there. I can't wait to get a chance to visit them again. Next time I visit WCU, I might hop over and meet you for lunch or something.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!! What a great world you have entered!!!

Definitely want to see more pictures of the STi and the Honda!!!!

asherstan

I agree about the education system. Truth is all government systems are corrupt whatever party line one may fall on they only care about getting votes. I have not heard of those car clubs. As far as lunch, food and car talk is always good.