New member, long time lurker. From El Paso!

tonyc84

Hi everyone. I'm in the Army and stationed at Fort Bliss but currently deployed to Africa. I ordered my new '15 WRB limited in August, found out in October about the short notice deployment, and took delivery exactly one week prior to leaving. My car has about 600 miles on it and has been sitting in my garage since I left late October. I love what I've seen from the car so far. I came from a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost and a 2007 335i prior to that. I guess I just like turbos.:tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome! Great to have you here! You found the right place. There are tons of friendly and knowledgable people, and great technical discussions here, to help you along the way. Feel free to start a member journal and upload photos.

Any plans for future modifications?

tonyc84

I'll probably drive it as is for a little while besides some cosmetic modifications. Tint (especially in el paso), all the lip spoilers, and weathertech floor mats will be done as soon as I get home. As far as performance, the most I could see myself doing is Stage II. I think that's turbo back and a tune if I'm not mistaken.

BnFCilD.jpg

Can you tell what I drive for work?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Hows africa?

From what youve seen so far, how would you compare the beamer to the sti?

tonyc84

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Hows africa?

From what youve seen so far, how would you compare the beamer to the sti?

Africa is, well...africa hot. It's definitely an experience I won't forget.

I can't compare the bmw and the subie too closely since its been a couple years since I drove it. From what I can remember though performance wise everything is much more responsive in the subie. BMW had more raw power but the throttle response and handling response are a lot different. Much more raw in the subie. Craftsmanship in the interior hands down goes to the bmw.

TK-421

Welcome good sir .

Now let's NOT get me started on Stormtroopers and Star Wars, before you know it I'll be posting the battle of hoth in this thread .

TK-421

I wish. I do get that I look like a storm trooper on a daily basis though.

Half of those miles were picking it up from the dealership in tuscon.

To clarify, this would a be a scout trooper on a Z71 Speeder Bike part of the 501st Reconnoissance Detachment Unit. They were deployed on Endor.

The more you know

tonyc84

Well, I'm in the 501st aviation regiment if that helps any. Don't we look more like tie fighter pilots though?

TK-421

Well, I'm in the 501st aviation regiment if that helps any. Don't we look more like tie fighter pilots though?

That's pretty cool man, I've got a cousin who's a SEAL on Team 8 and a few friends who are in the Navy one who's a SAR Swimmer, ones a TAO on a GMD, and the other one is a nuke on a carrier.

My cousins on my mother's side of the family are all Air Force.

And the old gas mask Eh? Yeah I've got an old Russian WW2 gas mask and MP helmet that I have sitting around somewhere

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420930264.440610.jpg

I do crazy stuff like this all the time, it's normal for me to use a muffler as a mortar launcher and yell get to da choppa

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420930333.354842.jpg

macnstash

Hi everyone. I'm in the Army and stationed at Fort Bliss but currently deployed to Africa. I ordered my new '15 WRB limited in August, found out in October about the short notice deployment, and took delivery exactly one week prior to leaving. My car has about 600 miles on it and has been sitting in my garage since I left late October. I love what I've seen from the car so far. I came from a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost and a 2007 335i prior to that. I guess I just like turbos.:tard:
You driving a Blackhawk or Chinook for work

blee2666

I was with the 1st of the 7th ada right across the street fron the air base and then 3rd cav to age myself, the main battle tank back then was the M60 Tank not machine gun. Spent many a night around white sands. Welcome and thanks for your service.