aalvarado235

Hello everyone, I just bought my first STI a couple of weeks ago: 2014 PBP STI. Super stoked with the buy and I'm looking forward to learning about your mods.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome. Love to see some pics and about your plans for the car.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. ;)

aalvarado235

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out where I wanna begin to mod the car, but for now I really need to get it tinted and get some mud flaps on it to combat the weather. I'd probably get an accessport soon after and then I'll see what ideas I come across.
judesena.jpg
ry9ezehe.jpg
esedameh.jpg
u6a7uqa3.jpg

ZackUSAF82

Welcome, great color choice, I really love the PBP!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
well there are only three main areas for mods: power, handling and looks. You can get some crossovers, but not too many. My first suggestion to anyone is get some swaybars and endlinks. They really help in the corners, with almost no sacrifice to ride quality. I'll add a 4th category: durability/longevity. Things like an oil pickup, mudflaps and maybe some gauges fall into there.

Let us know what you're thinking, and we can give some suggestions. Start up a member's journal, its a great place to get feedback, start wish-lists, etc.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome! What car did you come from?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy! Grinder has good advice.

Word of advice... Mod with wisdom!

Research everything you plan on doing and ask questions before you purchase... There are allot of "snake oil" products out there and most of the common mods are a waste of money and will gain you nothing. The AccessPort is a good place to start if power is your goal... Right off the bat you can install a stage 1 tune with out having to do any other engine mods. Then after that would be stage 2 with the addition of a down pipe, exhaust and a recommended pro-tune.

Change your oil frequently and check your oil at every fill up. Use the highest octane fuel that is available to your area and get a drop in K&N filter. Don't bounce the rev limiter... ever!

Last edited:

aalvarado235

Yea, I used to drive a Chevy Silverado, so I'm new to the WRX scene. I have been wanting an STi for a while, and was finally able to get one! Thanks for the tips guys, I'll make sure to read up extensively before doing anything to my ride. This site has a really good set up and lots of great info for a noob like me.

Yea, I used to drive a Chevy Silverado, so I'm new to the WRX scene. I have been wanting an STi for a while, and was finally able to get one! Thanks for the tips guys, I'll make sure to read up extensively before doing anything to my ride. This site has a really good set up and lots of great info for a noob like me.

nice! i have a 2010 silverado that i live. I've pulled my STI a few times with it and will never get rid of it! the LS based motors that they use are great and reliable as well so i get a nice warm and fuzzy when i know i have a reliable ride just in case...