777metalrb

It wouldn't let me post anywhere else so here I am! Hello, my names Ryan, I don't have a sti yet but I'm shipping out for the navy in 2 months and plan on getting one within the next year! Can't wait!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome to the team! Good to have you here. There is a lot of information available and good people to help point you in the right direction.

I don't mean to be a downer, but it's generally advisable to wait until you reach your ultimate command (or at least out of A school) before you buy a car. Some bases won't even allow you to have base access for a car as a junior enlisted sailor in training. Trust me, I was in the Navy for 8 years and my name is also Ryan. :rofl:

What's your rating going to be?

EDIT: Thread has been moved to "Introductions".

Last edited:

777metalrb

Welcome to the team! Good to have you here. There is a lot of information available and good people to help point you in the right direction.

I don't mean to be a downer, but wait until you get to your ultimate command (or at least out of A school) before you buy a car. Some bases won't even allow you to have base access for a car as a junior enlisted sailor in training. Trust me, I was in the Navy for 8 years and my name is also Ryan. :rofl:

What's your rating going to be?

EDIT: Thread has been moved to "Introductions".

Yeah I've been lookin into all that so anything you can tell me will help! As of right now it's AN-PACT. I wanted AM but it wasn't available at MEPS when I processed! If you have any more info on cars on based that would be awesome! I'm hoping to get stationed in SD but well see soon enough!

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
San Diego is wonderful! I spent two years there. What's not awesome are CARB laws and SoCal cops. :(

Great Lakes, IL is NOT fun in the winter...as you will soon find out. :lol: Enjoy, recruit!!! :tup:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Lol what's the CARB laws?

Commiefornia Air Resources Board a.k.a. stringent smog laws that prohibit a multitude of modifications, many times ambiguously.
Ever notice how many performance parts have either of these statements, "CARB Approved" or "49 State Legal"? :lol: You can see where I'm going with this.

If you're from a state other than California, keep your residency there so you can register, title and tag your car in your home state of residency. That will keep you from getting screwed with too much and you won't have to deal with smog checks.

Last edited:

777metalrb

Commiefornia Air Resources Board a.k.a. stringent smog laws that prohibit a multitude of modifications, many times ambiguously.
Ever notice how many performance parts have either of these statements, "CARB Approved" or "49 State Legal"? :lol: You can see where I'm going with this.

If you're from a state other than California, keep your residency there so you can register, title and tag your car in your home state of residency. That will keep you from getting screwed with too much and you won't have to deal with smog checks.

Oooh ok cool! Well thanks!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I mean the orders. Each tour of duty either sea or shore is only a few years. Obviously you could pick orders in San Diego again though.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome to the forum. Anything you need, just let us know. Sounds like your gonna be very busy soon.

It wouldn't let me post anywhere else so here I am! Hello, my names Ryan, I don't have a sti yet but I'm shipping out for the navy in 2 months and plan on getting one within the next year! Can't wait!
Welcome! Don't forget to post pictures when you get it! And props on not getting a Charger like 9/10 GI's I know do! Lol

edward.nelson1

Great Lakes is no joke. I served from 93-97 and was in boot camp in 12/93. We had to march to Fire Fighting Training in -83 degree weather (coldest day of the century)......Great Lakes ridiculously cold in winter. I had a ball in the Navy, it's a great place to "grow up".....enjoy. Good Luck and thank you for your sacrifice.

777metalrb

Great Lakes is no joke. I served from 93-97 and was in boot camp in 12/93. We had to march to Fire Fighting Training in -83 degree weather (coldest day of the century)......Great Lakes ridiculously cold in winter. I had a ball in the Navy, it's a great place to "grow up".....enjoy. Good Luck and thank you for your sacrifice.

I'm hoping it will be fun! Thank you for your service!