New STI owner checking in!!

Shades

Hello all!

I just purchased a Aspen White 2006 4dr STI with 83k miles this weekend and so far love it!

A little history my last car was a modified 2006 GTI with a KO4 Frankenturbo with all supporting mods making roughly 350 whp.
y5ajugur.jpg

2a3ady2a.jpg

And now my current ride. I just had it tuned and dyno'd at Modified by KC. Turbo back and intake made 296 whp and 331 torque.

agyzahu2.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice. Glad your joined us. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!

I also came from a golf however mine was a 2.0 4cy turd :lol:

Let me know how the transition is into your sti!

What other plans do you have for the car in the future?

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it being an 06 with ~80k miles?

Shades

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!

I also came from a golf however mine was a 2.0 4cy turd :lol:

Let me know how the transition is into your sti!

What other plans do you have for the car in the future?

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it being an 06 with ~80k miles?

Not sure if I'm going to due any fuel upgrades or not. I was told that would be the next step.
Next mods will be gauges, gauge pod (most likely A pillar), and lowering springs. Rather not deal with coilovers.
Paid 19k which was KBB. Tried to talk down but he knew he could sell the car for that much easily.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok make sure you start a journal so we can see your progress!

Wow you got a nice deal. Either prices are going down or i lost touch with the market. How many previous owners?

Shades

Ok make sure you start a journal so we can see your progress!

Wow you got a nice deal. Either prices are going down or i lost touch with the market. How many previous owners?

1! Guy was Air Force. Lived in Hawaii for a few years then transferred to Kansas.
Car is clean in and out so overall I'm very happy.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow def got a great deal then! When you get a chance take some more pics! :tup:

Shades

Will do. Just washed and waxed it.

I do plan on doing a front license plate relocate, better shift knob and some mud flaps.

The tuner put a 2 step and no lift shift on the car which I had on my GTI and love. Love that I can now launch a car at 5500 rpm with minimal wheel spin. I couldn't get traction launching at 4000 rpm on my GTI.

WILL TAKE PICS AND KEEP A LOG!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have a shift knob for you! ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Be careful with launching and ffs. I would recommend to read up on it before attempting. Things can go bad very quickly if done incorrectly and frequently.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
She looks great! I love the white on these cars, but I could never keep white clean. Lol.. the blue is hard enough on me. How was the jump from the VW to the Subie for you? Big difference?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy!:D Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

What altitude are you at?

Robb

Welcome! Very very nice I've always loved Aspen on gold color combo it looks so sporty. Sounds like a great deal and starting it off right so good luck and keep us updated with pics of your progress along the way!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Good lord thats a lot of FWHP. How do you like the STI given its so much lower in HP?

Please to start a journal, and ask lots of questions. If/when you start a journal, you're bound to get lots of feedback on your plans based on your stated goals. Are you in it for power? Why not deal with coilovers?