New to blogging!

Jennaboo32

Well I never blogged before so I figured since I never blew an engine before either I should blog about my rebuild on my baby! The engine blew on my 06 STi about 2 weeks ago. It's a longg story but I learned never to let someone drive my car ever again! I was devistated and heartbroken when I first herd the awful noise of knocking. The day after it blew the engine was ripped out and then started my rebuild. These past 2 weeks have been full of everyone telling me what to do, what I should do, option after option of what I want to do. Tonight I actually got the whole engine torn down and apart. I learned I spun a bearing in the 4th cylinder. The cylinder walls are a little rough and I would need a new crank from the damage. So I have decided to go with buying a new short block and re-using my heads. I am sending the heads off to a machine shop to be tested and cleaned and have everything done so when they get on the new bottom end, nothing happens to them within a few months (which would be my luck). So now comes the fun of buying parts, getting the heads to the shop, and going from there. I plan to keep a photo log of the build to which I will upload as it all comes together! Wish me luck and I hope to have my baby back on the road soon! :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good start on the blog. Keep us updated. :)