New to group

Troszell

Hello all Subaru enthusiasts, I am new to this site and hope to find new and relevant info. I have an '04 wrx sti with 298k on it, the engine uses oil but still seems solid internally, tranny seems strong too (no major issues), usual wear and tear on drive line parts changed out wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. So I like to do most of my own work on my vehicle, therefore may ask some dumb questions lol, Glad to be here and hope the members all have a great day. Just out of curiosity......Does anyone else have a high mileage STI like mine that has had no major issues? is this normal? or is mine a unique case? My car has been modded as well, cold air intake, headers, up/down pipe, COBB accessport. Any and all responses welcome.

TR:D

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
298,000 on it?! Holy crap! :tup:

Welcome to the community! I'm sure you will enjoy it here. There is a ton of good reading material and lots of friendly and knowledgeable people to help you out.

Troszell

I had the car since '07 it came with 48k on it, bought through a private dealership on consignemt so didnt get the back ground info on the car as the owner was from another province. But I just find it weird everyone else's STI blow up long before this type mileage comes to pass. And none of these miles have been easy lol I keep my foot in it daily . Thx for the reply!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5898]Troszell[/MENTION] wow!

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That kind of mileage is rare for sure!

Welcome and Enjoy! :D

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
It's all in the tune and the maintenance. If the tune is good and it's well maintained, you can drive it hard forever. You can't drive it *stupid* forever, but hard. Most people that blow their engine up have a shit tune, do little to no maintenance and do absolutely retarded stuff behind the wheel...then complain about the motor. EJ motors are actually pretty reliable.

Some are even installed in small, single engine aircraft.

If that isn't enough proof of reliability, I don't know what is...

http://www.experimentalaircraft.info/homebuilt-aircraft/subaru-aircraft-engines.php

Troszell

Well thx for replying, I will enjoy the posts and forums, nice welcoming atmosphere here, have an excellent day����

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! Post some pictures of the ride!!!

You're the second highest mileage STi owner that I know of. Skeeler from IWSTI is around 350k if I'm not mistaken.

Troszell

I will for sure through up some pics when i get time to upload to a hosting site, gonna do my headlights first been reading the how to forums since joining. couldnt find a thread on the fans on that TMIC i seen in some pics, help me out if u know how to find it , thx.