captaindrp82

New and first time STI owner, proud owner of a black 2015 limited

ase5eveh.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!

We can't see the picture! :(

captaindrp82

Love it, its a moddiction 3" extention and a "grippy 8" from American shifter. I came up in the old school hot rod rhelm, wanted a bit of it in my tuner lol.

captaindrp82

Zodiac, trust me I know, its my first subie but not my first time modding. I built a 350rwh ford ranger some years back.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family [MENTION=3944]captaindrp82[/MENTION].

captaindrp82

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the nice complements. It's sure to be years of modification fun....I'll love every bit.

sacnvz

Congrats! Just got mine Friday night.

So far how do you like it? What are you doing to make sure you break it in right?

captaindrp82

Just make sure you follow the manufacturer instructions for the break in period I wanna say it was 1,500 miles keep it below 4,000 rpm and after that my personal break in has involved beginning to modify it, lol. I've seen a lot of posts on it and talking to folks face to face, sounds like you should run it on intelligent mode straight for 4 tanks of gas to let the ECU learn your driving style, again, not sure of the factual nature of this. I've owned 4 brand new vehicle's before this one and basically just use common sense and remember it's new, I always just drove my cars as I would normally day to day until after the first oil change.

sacnvz

Just make sure you follow the manufacturer instructions for the break in period I wanna say it was 1,500 miles keep it below 4,000 rpm and after that my personal break in has involved beginning to modify it, lol. I've seen a lot of posts on it and talking to folks face to face, sounds like you should run it on intelligent mode straight for 4 tanks of gas to let the ECU learn your driving style, again, not sure of the factual nature of this. I've owned 4 brand new vehicle's before this one and basically just use common sense and remember it's new, I always just drove my cars as I would normally day to day until after the first oil change.

Awesome! Big thanks for this. I haven't really had a chance to research all the "break in" stuff. I've owned a few new cars myself and yes it definitely is just common sense. I've been using the "I" mode around town and I found that it helps me keep my shifts all around 3000 rpm. I like having that little shift indicator too lol.

How many miles do you have on yours now? Unfortunately I only have ~130miles.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy cow! Where did you go that you have over 10k miles already?!!?!?

captaindrp82

It's a daily driver, 84 miles round trip. It's made 4 trips from Virginia to Pennsylvania and back and of course ran some of the twisted back mountain roads :D and most recently did an all day thing with two local subie groups. So she gets driven, lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, 10k miles you should be able to tell us how the car is. Give us your impression on it so far! :tup:

captaindrp82

Handling is great, I won't be modifying anything there any time soon nor lowering it. It's definitely short in gears 1 through 3 and then about 4th is where the torque curve drops off and you gotta get into the gas. I did an axle back exhaust from nameless because I didn't think it was loud enough, and also a perrin cold air intake, the intake changes the attitude of the car and seems to give a wider power range and next order to arrive is an access port to go stage 1 and I think it'll satisfy the areas I'm feeling it needs a boost(no pun intended)