Newbie to the scooby

captaindrp82

It feels like it'll just dive into the corners. It's a catch 22 for me with the torque vector system. In one hand, it's great for corners. Otherwise I turn it all off daily because it makes a mess of my rims with the brake dust that the system makes by braking the wheels to take corners better

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Take a trip down to Western NC one weekend... There's some excellent driving down there. It's also really fun to do it as a group if you have a Subie club in your area. The main of these excellent roads is of course, Tail of the Dragon (US129). 318 Curves, 11 miles.

captaindrp82

I've heard of that. Here I have the skyline drive, it's a pay trip to ride along the mountains into NC, heavily patrolled by park rangers though, and those dudes are worse than the cops, they can permanently impound yo shit. Like I said I go back to where I grew up in central PA, it's like canyon running on many of those back mountain roads.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Yeah... It's federal land. No bueno. Lol. There's also the Blue Ridge Parkway up there somewhere. Not sure where, but I know it starts/ends in Virginia.

captaindrp82

Just got word my Cobb access port is waiting for me at the house when I get home and the good folks at Perrin sent me an OTS map to compliment the intake...in about an hour, you can call me flash...or...re-flash lol

captaindrp82

Perrin map for 93 octane loaded and loving the ride to work this morning. Messed with the synonyms feature a bit, a little inconsistent, but I know it's me. But average #'s were about 260whp and as much as 350wt. Just messing around in my neighborhood, but that's my initial findings.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sad to say but that dyno feature is very inaccurate. :lol:

I had ~550whp and ~600wtq when i went stage 2. :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you get us a log of the map? Gimme a few minutes to pull up the list that is required to log.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes the one you flashed yesterday.

captaindrp82

Ok, yeah. They emailed it to me and I saved it to my laptop which in turn the access port manager found and put into my map list. Now I'm new with the tuner so bear with my computer tard tendencies. But I'll try and share it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you could, can you log the following parameters...

? Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) (A/F Sens 1 Ratio)
? Boost (manifold relative pressure)
? Boost Target
? Calculated Load
? Closed Loop Fuel switch (C/L Status)
? Engine Speed (RPM)
? A/F Correction
? A/F Learned
? Injector Duty Cycle
? MAF Voltage
? Throttle Position
? Waste Gate Duty Cycle
? Feedback Knock

Do about 5-10 minutes normal driving and one WOT. When you do the WOT, it better be on a road where you are alone and have enough room to do it. Please be safe. Your main concern should be the screen for feedback knock on the accessport. Make sure it doesnt exceed 2. Preferably a 4th gear WOT.

Im assuming youve read the instruction manual and have enough knowledge on how to select the parameters and initiate the log. :tup:

Lets see what perrins map is all about!

Last edited:

sacnvz

I think [MENTION=3944]captaindrp82[/MENTION] is still testing from a few days ago. He left home and just kept driving! LOL

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We cant blame him!!! :tard: :rofl: :tup:

captaindrp82

Sorry been raining, and it makes traffic really bad. I had a chance this morning to log some. The only way I can do WOT is in 6th. I slowed to 40 and put it in 64th going up hill and left it climb to full boost and a second chance I had was an uphill on ramp.