Newbie to the scooby

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh snap! You have an intake! Did you get a tune for the intake?!

captaindrp82

No need for a tune with the Perrin intake, that's directly from them(I asked tech support) as long as I don't do anything else (mid pipe, down pipe ect. which requires tuning anyway) But definitely doing the stage 1 cobb very soon anyway, well aware of the lean tune and all that, and also not running the car hard.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmmm, ok.

How far have you pushed the suspension? That's the main thing I care about; how good the suspension is! :lol:

captaindrp82

Hard! I've taken corners back home in PA on roads I cut teeth on as far as learning to drive, roads i know like the back of my hand, I've cornered them twice the speed I've ever taken them in any other vehicles, and I feel that I could have pushed it more.

sacnvz

No need for a tune with the Perrin intake, that's directly from them(I asked tech support) as long as I don't do anything else (mid pipe, down pipe ect. which requires tuning anyway) But definitely doing the stage 1 cobb very soon anyway, well aware of the lean tune and all that, and also not running the car hard.
[MENTION=3944]captaindrp82[/MENTION] Did you notice any immediate gains on your "butt dyno" after you installed the intake? LOL srs question

captaindrp82

The car felt really wound up like on a coil spring before in 1st through 3rd. The power would then be a bit more tame and require more time and effort to gain speed as the power band would settle off. Now it allows the turbo to spool much smoother, and spreads out some of it's aggression over a broader range. It gives a much better turbo sound, and the funny part is it sounds like I'm running a BOV that's venting to atmosphere, even with the stock recirculation set up. I've taken people from some subie groups I meet with for a ride and they are all surprised.

sacnvz

The car felt really wound up like on a coil spring before in 1st through 3rd. The power would then be a bit more tame and require more time and effort to gain speed as the power band would settle off. Now it allows the turbo to spool much smoother, and spreads out some of it's aggression over a broader range. It gives a much better turbo sound, and the funny part is it sounds like I'm running a BOV that's venting to atmosphere, even with the stock recirculation set up. I've taken people from some subie groups I meet with for a ride and they are all surprised.

Awesome! Thanks Cap! I don't plan to do a bunch of mods but I'm thinking a simple bolt-on with no tuning required would suit my needs. Thanks for the insight!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I know I'm a bit late, but Welcome to the family [MENTION=3944]captaindrp82[/MENTION]! You'll love your STi, and you'll definitely love the community at IGOTASTI. I've been here since October and I can't say enough good things about it. The driver mod is the most important one for sure...just getting used to the power, how it handles, etc etc. It took me at least 3 months to get used to all of that. Then again, I came from an 2000 H22 Honda Prelude. Anyway, the mods you've already done are some good ones! I would recommend suspension mods over power to help with the bit of body roll it has going into corners and to generally tighten it up.

I look forward to future updates....and make sure you start a member's ride thread! :subaru::sti:

captaindrp82

[MENTION=2348]wes[/MENTION]tern STi thanks. I do want to get some new coil overs done. I'm not looking to lower it though, it's my daily driver. Lol not to mention rough roads here could be bad news for the body .

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Yeah...Im the same way. Im not too much on the lowering thing. If I do, it'll be a couple inches at most. I still want to be able to go off road if needed. Anyway, I was more talking suspension along the lines of sway bars, anti-lift kit, etc etc. Although, now that I think about it, I don't know exactly where the 2015 needs help. Everyone says it's handling is night and day from the previous generation. But perhaps the aforementioned mods could still help.....Maybe.

captaindrp82

I Don't feel it needs help in handling personally. The wheel stance needs a little widening. otherwise, I want it making about 320+ whp and I'll be happy. I think otherwise it'll be outside of daily drivability.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I still need to drive a 2015 to see this night and day difference for myself. Lol. Yeah that sounds like a good goal. I think even 400 would be fine as a daily driver. When I mod the power(the last thing I'm doing), 400 is what I'll be going for.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I just figure some stiffer coil overs would help keep any wheel hope down

If your not looking at lowering much, if at all, try doing a spring/strut setup like the GTworx/ Bilstein.
You could also try a spring and gave your struts revalved from someplace like Feal.

captaindrp82

:( no. Interstate highway. I've had it to 130. But I've taken it back home to Pennsylvania twice and let the bitch go on the windy steep mountain roads.....beast! Lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im also highly interested in the handling of the 15 sti. Does the car feel heavy when you really take some hard turns?

captaindrp82

I don't think so at all, having driven several cars of my own and some friends cars back home in PA, I've hit corners very aggressive and it feels like it'll take way more, I guess I pussed out a bit lol, but I've driven those roads my whole time coming up driving so I know what I was at was crazy fast