Newbie to the scooby

sacnvz

Gosh, I wish it would rain here. I'm in California....I'll probably get a ticket if I try washing my car. :(

No worries Cap! Keep us posted and drive safe!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sorry been raining, and it makes traffic really bad. I had a chance this morning to log some. The only way I can do WOT is in 6th. I slowed to 40 and put it in 64th going up hill and left it climb to full boost and a second chance I had was an uphill on ramp.

Oh yeah?! How did it pull? :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wait. I was hoping you were kidding on the 6th gear thing.... :banghead:

I cant tell sarcasm through this.

captaindrp82

be3102a561ead02d1f499aae7a489757.jpg
doing 5mph in daily traffic now, here's a snapshot

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So youre not kidding.... Well then. Lets get a few things straight.

Before you ever go WOT again, please dont ever do it in 5th and 6th gear. There is no readon to wot in 6th gear because youll be going 130+ mph... No reason to be going that fast on public roads. 5th gear starts at 100 mph when 4th runs out. That is not necessary for this. If youre going 40 mph and you WOT in 6th, youll blow your motor from the high load the engine is trying to compensate for the long gear.

I told you to find somewhere where you can WOT safely in 4th gear. WOT should never be done at a RPM under 3k unless youre tuning and need it for data purposes.

So please dont WOT in 5th or 6th again unless you want to blow up your engine.

Also dont do it on an uphill either. That only creates more unneccesary load. If you cant find a safe place to WOT then please dont.

If youre in that, then there is no reason you should be reading this either... Please keep your eyes on the road and respond when you are home.

captaindrp82

[MENTION=3698]sacnvz[/MENTION] yeah that sucks man, we keep getting these torrential downpours here and early predictions are calling for a return of the polar vortex

captaindrp82

Had a chance this morning to do a little empty road logging at highway speed on my normal daily route......zero knock...and [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]....no 5th or 6th WOT's. I actually do know better, my fever cooked brain thought at the time it was ok. (Been really sick all week but I'm essential personnel). I tried to load the spreadsheet from my laptop but when I try to log into my account from my laptop it tells me my username or password is incorrect...fml. I always use my tablet or phone, so when I sort out my more hate than love relationship with my laptop you'll see a data log.