cbkwrxsti123

Hey guys new to the forum I've been searching for awhile for the right wrx or sti and any feedback in what year and issues that come with them would be helpfull thanks alot

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the forum! What car do you currently have now?

This is gonna require some explanation, but first let's get some quick questions in:

1) What is your intended purpose for this vehicle?
2) What is your budget?

These two will help determine which model would be best for you. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, what is going to be the intended purpose of the vehicle?

Do you plan on financing a new one or buying a used one?

cbkwrxsti123

It'll be my daily driver and also a crusinf car I can do light mods too I was looking for hatch like an 09 maybe I'll finance once I get my credit situated

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm always going to have to suggest an STi. :tup:

A WRX is for someone who doesn't care much for performance or isn't going to use the car more than just a daily driver. However, the exception comes in with a 15+ WRX now as they are finally refined and are more than enough, especially for beginner drivers. :tup:

An STi is going to have the perks that matter since it's the higher tier. Improvements include: suspension, brakes, engine, power, handling, aerodynamics, and overall performance.

You should either get a ride in both cars or drive them yourself to get a feel of what these cars are all about. The GR hatches 08-14 are great cars and have had great reception with their cargo room. :tup:

cbkwrxsti123

Yea I agree I was looking into a wrx cause they're cheaper and have a pretty decent amount of power and mainly because of price and a buddy of mine have one which I completely fell in love with and been wanting one ever since he got his

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The newer Rex is not that far off from power compared to the STi. Typically, mod for mod, they are are on par with the STi in the power department.
The suspension, trans and brakes is the biggest difference. Though, throwing money at those parts will make it as good if not better.
If you plan to throw money at the car then a WRX will start you off cheaper because of the price for the car. If you just want a basically done car with good performance, then the STi might be the way to go.
Beware of the mod bug. If you catch it, you'll be spending countless hours and money with your new girlfriend. lol

ej25subie05

i suggest the 07 sti as that one still has the gear box i want :) i myself have a 05 no complaints, any issues, nope.
but if your going to try to get one for 15k its going to have to be a 04-05. but be patient, you never know what kind of deal may arise.

it all comes down to what you like, they changed interior and exterior a lot throughout the years.