How To: VA Niteshade Self Tail Light Tinting.

BoxerRumbleSTi

This quick simple write up is how to self tint your tail lights using nite shades.

Materials
? 1-2 Cans of Niteshades
? Socket Set (To Remove the Taillights)
? Rubbing Alcohol and Cotton Swabs or Towel
? Painters Tape
? Clear Coat (Optional)

For anyone who doesn't know what Nite Shades is. This is it.
vht_nite_shade_taillight_tint.jpg

It can be found online, or at your local Advance Auto, Pep Boys, AutoZone or more. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

First take your stock car taillights out.
nightshade1.jpg

NightShade2.jpg

Now with the tail lights out. Take your rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs and towel and thoroughly wipe and clean the lights. Free of oil dirt and more.

Now depending what you want to cover up, Use the painters tape to tape off what you don't want painted. For me, I wanted the white reverse light to show up. Not to mention it looks good like that with a silver car.

Nightshade3.jpg

For the color I got out of it, It looks black, but really up close is a dark cherry red color. Took me 2 coats on each taillight. Just go in swift back and fourth motions. Make sure its not windy out or too humid. After you are done you can choose to clear coat the lenses to make them a shiny finish or leave them looking a matte finish. I left mine matte and they looked good. Sometimes depending on how heavy the coats you use, they will come out glossy.

This was the finished product. (Trunk was still open, why there is a gap there)
nightshade4.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great write up, I'm gonna stickie that!

BoxerRumbleSTi

Here are another set of tails I JUST DID no joke today. Took a few hours and a few coats. C5 Corvette Reverse, Side Markers, and 3rd Brake Light. For Sale too :)

lights.jpg

BoxerRumbleSTi

Thanks. Yeah. My subie I did it to, as you can see above. It looks black, but turned out a dark cherry red and you could see it well.