OEM fuel injectors

i have a completely stock 2006 sti. and im planning on replacing a fuel injector with a new OEM one. i was just wondering if after i replace the injector if i need to take my car in and get fuel trims and stuff like that re-calibrated? or can i just put it in and go?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
you will 100% need a tune, larger injectors are never just a drop in and go as it will just flood the car out. Really with most of any mod you do you should get a tune, my recommendation is you buy everything you want, and then put it all on at the same time so you only have to get 1 tune

OP is going stock to stock injector. He should be ok without a tune.

Shouldn't he?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
OEM with OEM should be fine.

While you're in there, you might consider upgrading. How much are they charging for one OEM injector?

ICY STi

Defiantly a good deal.

Something you might also want to consider is to get a COBB access port and do a fuel trim data log and post it in the ASK A TUNER thread and have some of our tuners check it out to see if it is running right. Just a thought. Good luck.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yikes, thats rough.

Do you have any plans to upgrade while you rebuild?

I'll give our vendors a plug though, they can get you realllly good pricing for all your rebuild needs.

i'll definitely start a journal when i get around to even thinking about the rebuild. right now im still driving around with a bad cylinder because i need to get around post so i can clear the army. then my car is getting towed home to illinois. hopefully i can have some cash flow going again around february-march time frame.