OT: Count To A Million Game!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
5056 you're telling us, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
5057 - So my girlfriend was just told about a job opportunity within her company that would move her up 2 whole paygrades AND put her in the specific field that she wants. The only problem, she'd have to relocate to China for 2 years. She also says that she would not go unless I went with her.

Personally, I don't really want to move to China, even though there is a slight possibility that I could get temporarily transferred to one of our facilities there as well.

Ugggh....idk.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5059 - If it was in Hong Kong, I'd be a little more inclined to go. I like Hong Kong....but China, not so much.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5062 - I've been around the world on a few occasions. I enjoy the travel and the different cultures, but China is not on my list of places I'd like to LIVE for 2 YEARS. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5065 - I really enjoyed Hong Kong, but mainland China is quite different in many cases.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
5066 yea i hear u one that one.. This deff wont be an easy decision. I would tlk to her about it let her know ur feelings towards living in china but that u dont wanna kill her dreams like u just said and see where it goes

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5067 - Plus, I don't even know if I could get transferred there. So what would I do, quit my job?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
5068 well no she cant expect u to do that but it couldnt hurt to try and get transferred if u decide to go... Otherwise how good r u with kong distance relationships? How long have u been together?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5071 - I'd be okay with the long distance. I was in the Navy for 8 years, I'm used to being away from family/friends for long periods. She, on the other hand, would be a wreck. We've been together a little over 2 years.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5072 - So I just inquired about the possibility of me transferring to one of our facilities in Shanghai, if there would be a position for me. The answers I got were "Do you enjoy manual labor? How do you feel about building wire harnesses every day." FML

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5073 - Now she says, "After learning more, I don't think this job is going to make financial sense for us." Well, that's good, because I don't really feel like moving to China. :lol: