OT: The Official Zombie Survival Plan Thread!

Undecisive

that's why i use the boat for what it is... a means of transportation. and set up a badass island encampment. which should have wild boar and other animals to hunt and we would be self sufficient when it comes to food because of gardening.

Undecisive

obviously you didn't read my entire post. it says gardening tools, seeds and such, among the books i have listed are gardening and composting. That should bring all the veggies and what not, and then there's always fish. (and as for hunting, that's why you don't kill the entire species on the island, you need to let them repopulate so you have a constant food source)

Undecisive

mass supply of iodine tablets and bleach, but it will run out eventually, then you'll have to boil the water to purify it. Which in turn, you lose some water when it's boiled. But it's still doable.

Undecisive

Id rather live on a beach "paradise" with no zombies (50 max) on the island. And they shouldn't be able to wash ashore because of the ocean currents. Besides, you get surfing, fishing, and sun tan ops.

Undecisive

ehh That's why everything I have on the list, should be able to combat the downfalls. The hardest part of the whole thing would be the construction of the treetop village. Composting does wonders to make ground fertile for farming.

Undecisive

nah, that's what edwin is for, I need steve for his mechanical prowess / shooting ability, and you for your shooting ability / survivability, edwin is just bait.

Undecisive

Of course it makes sense...we both thought of it... or... we can keep edwin and bring along ray.. he has a bummed knee and can't run... so it'll make it easy for the rest of us to get away.

STimedic

You're missing something.........oh, a medic. And the occasional trip back towards mainland for target practice and ammo, basic supplies and whatnot. I know of a few places to raid after the apocalypse. I doubt this island will have a steady meat source, and zombies being the mindless undead they will be, they won't be fast or smart enough to catch wildlife, also assuming the disease that causes the zombie apocalypse isn't an airborne disease. Me personally, I'd head for the mtns here instate or make the trip back to CO and stay there way back in the mtns, outside of a smallish town, less zombies to worry about/kill.

Undecisive

i just hope if you bring the kids don't get sick because we have no medicine. Except for maybe some random plants in the jungle. can you do your healing skills with those?