OT: The Official Zombie Survival Plan Thread!

STimedic

So....one more thing I thought of, gonna make a desalination plant at your island? I vote for mtns and castaway beards.

STimedic

That still doesn't answer on how you plan on supplying a source of potable water.......you're not Chuck Norris with the "I'll make water flow forth from my beard cuz I'm Chuck Fucking Norris." :p

Undecisive

look clearly at my plan. It's very detailed, there are tons of iodine tablets and water purification tablets. Once those run out, You can boil the water, granted you lose some but hey, then you need to run it through a filter to get the salt out. PAY MOAR ATTENTION TO DETAIL SIR!

STimedic

I think it's a bit more complicated than running it through a filter, otherwise we wouldn't have to worry about ever running out of water. I just think your plan of going to a deserted island, while innovative for sure, is fundamentally flawed. Also, using a filter means that it'd get clogged after some time, what size filter do you plan on bringing?

I'm just doing some CoA analysis here, war gaming it if you will. I'm having a house built up in the mtns of CO that'll run purely on solar and wind power (never run out of energy!) and in close proximity to a water source. Just saying that that is a better option than stealing a boat, going to some unknown island with a limited food/water/fuel/ammo supply.

Advantages:
1. Self-contained power and plenty of firewood as a contingency
2. Reliable natural food/water supply
3. Can always run down to a local town for target practice, fuel, matches, ammo, etc.
4. We can keep our vehicles, and if we ever get froggy, make it to a NG Armory OR Ft. Carson and take vehicles, weapons/explosives and ammo. Imagine having an up-armored LMTV to roll around in for supply runs.....just saying! Plus, we can get a couple MK19's for Gino to slay zombies with!
5. Way more contingency options than an island.

Disadvantages:
1. Slightly higher risk of zombie interaction.

When you get tired of your island, feel free to make the trek to my mtn retreat where me and some of my best buds will be living the high life like Miller. Which brings up another point, beer. How do you plan on keeping a constant supply of beer? Coors plant AND Budweiser plant are in.............you guessed it! Colorado.

Feel free to analyze my plan and see which one works better. Once again, not trying to down your plan, just trying to develop a plan with a higher rate of survivability.

Last edited:

Undecisive

the island survivability is one of the most highly rated plans because you have access to the ocean for fishing (constant food) and the whole gardening stuff, with all the seeds, you can get a 40k pack mix of non hybrid seeds for 30 bucks and they are in a can the size of a UGR can. That produces a renewable food source as well. As for the beer situation... I guess we are shit out of luck on that, unless we brought materials to make a still, and use the corn to make some moonshine. For a filter, the whole purpose of that is after you boil the water, you filter it to get a good portion of the salt out, not all but a good portion. You can use a sock for that (man vs wild, check it out he did it with nasty swamp water) or you can use a very tight mesh, pretty much a strainer with very tiny holes. You would also filter it more than once. orrrrr if you really wanna doubt that.. then ill just add a couple of brita water pitchers!

As for ammo, you should have an ample supply since you wouldn't be shooting zombies (except during the initial sweep of the island) which saves you a ton of ammo by itself. There's a very low risk of people coming to the island, so you wouldn't waste ammo there as well. You'd really use it by hunting, but there would be limitations of hunting. Using only your .300 winmag hunting rifle and its a one shot one kill deal. Not to mention there is a limit to how much you can hunt because you need to let the animals repopulate so you still have a constant meat source aside from fish.

STimedic

Forgot to address the firewood issue then there's the threat of tsunamis, hurricanes and rising waters globally. I know Gino, and knowing Gino, he'd lose his mind on an island with nowhere to drive and no zombies to flip out on. While you're sitting on your island waiting to drown, talking to Wilson and drinking your fermented piss/saltwater, Gino, Steve n I will have a 'most creative zombie kill' contest, drinking beer and enjoying the zombie apocalypse. And back to the firewood issue.....palm trees take over 25 YEARS to grow and mature. Good luck, and when you get tired of your boring and doomed island, feel free to drift back to the mainland, make to the CO mtns and look for the Hollywood-style searchlights, we'll be in the hot tub.

Last edited:

STimedic

The hollywood searchlights were a bit overkill, just to illustrate the amount of energy I'd have in reserve. But if a bee so much as farted in the woods around my house, I'd know about it. UGS baby!

Undecisive

every1, go check out the Center for disease controls website!! they are claiming the zombie apocalypse will happen

CDC.gov