Over Engineering Forester Build

Over Engineering

Basic Member
Here are some updated pics of my car taken when it was parked in the Moore Performance booth up at Wicked Big Meet:

DSC_6347_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6374_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6372.JPG

More to come on my new intercooler water spray system!

Over Engineering

Basic Member
I also updated the first post with the new parts list on my car and some of the upcoming projects including the Stock Location Twin Scroll 18G Turbo!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
wow! I dont think i'd seen this before, but wow.

I'd love some more info/insight on your splitter. Right now i have a GR TMIC on my GD so i was thinking of trying to fab something. Yours looks fabulous.

Over Engineering

Basic Member
wow! I dont think i'd seen this before, but wow.

I'd love some more info/insight on your splitter. Right now i have a GR TMIC on my GD so i was thinking of trying to fab something. Yours looks fabulous.

I designed the splitter in CAD, I cut out a lot of mockups and did a lot of measuring before I sent the parts out to get laser cut. It is aluminum and all the bends were done on a sheet metal brake then it was riveted together. I also managed to source just the right piece of rubber trim so that it sealed properly.

Mine was designed around fitting the GD intercooler into the Forester because there was only one commercially available part out there that was not exactly what I wanted and was way over priced. This splitter will soon be a special order Moore Performance part because we have a lot of the Forester guys wanting one.

This picture will better show you how it was constructed:
DSC_8995.JPG

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Guys I saw this last night. Works awesome.

Over Engineering

Basic Member
Last night we did a tare down of my car over at the Moore Peformance Shop. Here are some pics!

New prototype twin scroll header:
DSC_6732.JPG

Test fitting the turbo into the car:
DSC_6742.JPG

Here is the downpipe, yeah thats all we got so far! Luckily there is a pile of tubing sitting next to the car:
DSC_6752.JPG

DSC_6771.JPG

Over Engineering

Basic Member
Just CNC'd my downpipe gasket, the material doesnt lend will to being cut like that but it turned out alright. I had to make a custom one to get the divided part sealed. Internally gated open dump is going to be mean!

DSC_6772.JPG

Here is a quick photo of my custom CNC'd flange I am using, you can see it in the above pictures but this shows how it is divided:
DSC_4983.JPG

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great work!

Over Engineering

Basic Member
I took my downpipe over to my favorite weld shop today and about an hour later it looked like this:
(sorry the photos aren't my regular quality, left my good camera at Moore Performace sitting in the back of my Foz)

P1050108.JPG

P1050109.JPG

P1050110.JPG

P1050111.JPG

Equal Length, Twin Scroll, Internally Gated Open Dump FTW!!!!
:D

^Can you tell I am getting excited?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Why the two O2 ports up top. Wideband and narrowband? But I see the narrowband bung in an oem location, so what gives.

Looks good though!

Over Engineering

Basic Member
Why the two O2 ports up top. Wideband and narrowband? But I see the narrowband bung in an oem location, so what gives.

Looks good though!

Since its twinscroll and you want the front 02 to sample all the exhaust it needs to be relocated post turbo. I will also have a wideband right there. So all three 02 sensors will be in the downpipe.

Over Engineering

Basic Member
looks just like a Blouch 1.5XTR with a P25 Twin Scroll exhaust housing :tard:

I should rephrase that, the turbo is a TD05H-18G, the manufacturer is not currently being disclosed. We are still testing these turbos and want to make sure we actually like them before we get behind them.

STimedic

Sexy....but needs moar big, dual BB, billet-wheeled, ported IWG turbo. Like a twin-scroll TD06-20GTX. Then be affordable so I can get one.:tard:

Last edited: