Overboosting after TIP instal

I just installed a Gimmick turbo inlet pipe on my 06 STi after finding my stock one was torn wide open. As soon as I got the install finished I took it out to see how it ran. The car ran fine with no CELs, but I was hitting around 23-25psi under hard acceleration. Another thing I noticed was a much more pronounced wastegate fluttering noise. The Car has a Cobb Stage 2 kit, Cobb SF intake, afta maf pipe, and box. I was running the 91octane Stage2 Cobb OTS map at the time. I haven't gone out to data log yet. Do I just need a Dyno tune to fix the issue, or did I jack up the install?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
^ That... and you might want to check the routing of your hoses to and from the boost control solenoid and the waste gate. If it work before and now it's not, you may have done something wrong.

Played with it some more. I think it just needs a tune bad now. The car doesn't overboost when rowing gears at peak rpm. It overboosts and has wastegate flutter when doing a pull in a gear higher gear than optimum for acceleration. Like when you floor the car doing 65 on the highway in 6th gear. The TIP seals up however I am not too pleased with the gimmick brand's build quality. Fitment just seems off, and I don't like using zipties on the nipples to hold them in. I also had to supply my own clamps.

How does it blow it? I'm not at all trying to argue, just very curious. I know running up to top speed 130+ is bad for it, but why? Would it be any different than going hard 20-80? Would it be any different than doing a pull on a dyno?