P0037 p.i.t.a

RVSTi

Just installed my Cobb AP Stage 2 ACN 91 map on my 2005 STi and I am getting this P0037 Heater bank blah blah blah code. Never had this code before, unitl I reflashed. I checked and cleaned the rear O2 sensor and it looks fine. Now I get the code after a few moments after starting. I can reset the ecu, but when I start again after turning it off once, it pops back up. I thought the Cobb AP "toggled" this code off. Any suggestions?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You can certainly disable it in AccessTuner.

RVSTi

I filled out the form for the Access Tuner software. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Think that is all i will need to do for it?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont know the p0037 error, and if its important. But if you're confident disabling the code is ok, then yes, ATR will definitely allow you to do it.

They got back to me within 24 hrs when i requested it. If they dont get back to you soon, PM me and I might be able to help.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Did you install the DP, facilitating sensor removal, along with the stage 2 map or are you just switching to another stage 2 map? If so, the sensor or wiring may have been damaged when doing so. This is easily done.

Visual inspection of the sensor is not going to tell you much. Cleaning is kinda futile, IMO.

I always regard O2 sensors as disposable. I have never had one work again, correctly, after cleaning. I just replace.

Engine may run rich to compensate for the sensors malfunction.

Problem could be the sensor or something upstream of the sensor.

RVSTi

Thanks guys. Cobb sent me the link so I have the AccessTuner. I am going to give that a try. Even after I study my ass off on fourms and books, I feel like such a noob sometimes. Guess thats part of the experience, the learning curve of your passion.

RVSTi

The AccessTuner software allowed me to toggle the P0037 off. Thank goodness! I hate CEL's. So far so good...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
P0037 means there is a physical problem with your O2 sensor or the wiring. Just turning off the code is a bandaid at best. You need to replace the sensor or investigate the wiring and turn the code back on when it is repaired. :tup:

RVSTi

Good info. It appears the connections and wiring is sound. The sensor could be bad. Anyone know if an 2002 wrx o2 sensor will work on a 05 STi, I could swap that easy, otherwise I am in the market for a new sensor.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I did a quick search and found a vendor selling the genuine OEM sensor for 03-07 WRX, 04-07 STi and 04-08 Forester XT M/T.

I don't know if there are any differences between 02 and 03?

The sensor itself should thread in and be ok. The wiring may be the issue. Some sensors have 2 or 3 or 4, etc. wires. And connectors can be different. (some are universal and have no connectors, demanding a hard wire)

I got this pic from the seller. If your WRX sensor has the same connector, you should be golden.

View attachment 3929