P0223 from HELL!!!

Busker

Ok, so Ive replaced the Throttle Body, code still persistant, swapped out the pedal position sensor, no change. The car is still in deep limp mode, wont rev above 1800 RPMS and runs like shit. The only other thing I could possibly think of is the Electronic Throttle control Relay.... Im really stumped on this one.. Ive searched the net up and down and cant find anything, so if anyone else has ideas Im more then willing to entertain them....

Busker

Btw also my power windows, door locks, and interior lights arent working, and the car car can be started without depressing the clutch....

Vermont

From the sound of it you have nothing wrong with the actually throttle. Instead if I were you I would look into a wiring issue. Frayed, split, or grounded wires could cause all of those problems depending on which ones. A while back I kept getting a Cam Shaft Pos sensor code on and off and the car would miss fire and run like shit. I swapped out the sensor 3 times and to no avail. Eventually I found out that I had a slew of frayed wires that would intermittently connect and disconnect. Thus the reason I was able to start and run the car sometimes, I had even tried a volt meter on both the sensor and the wires but everything came out good. I chased my tail around in circles for months before I said fuck it and brought it took a shop where they found a whole slew of wires that had been frayed when I installed my injectors.

If you want to see more just go to my journal, but the bottom line is trace back the wires to the ecu and look there. Even the door locks are traced to the ecu, so I would look under the main bundles going from the ECU to the cabin, as it sounds like something around that area is frayed.

Busker

Going all the way back through the wiring harness is our next step, testing the relay is gonna happen before hand. I would have broughten it to a shop a long time ago but wiring is so expensive, its ridiculous. Seeking a professional is a last resort lol

Busker

So today I went through and replaced the ETC relay on the passenger side and no change. What I am not understanding is why when I hook a Multimeter up the voltage after the realy is reading roughly 14.1 on the open loop and closed loop is reading 0.3-0.4. This is driving me nuts, tommorrow I am gonna completely disassemble the wiring harness and look for any shorts. Im about to drop an Incen in this car and simply walk away. I have never been this frustrated...

Vermont

So today I went through and replaced the ETC relay on the passenger side and no change. What I am not understanding is why when I hook a Multimeter up the voltage after the realy is reading roughly 14.1 on the open loop and closed loop is reading 0.3-0.4. This is driving me nuts, tommorrow I am gonna completely disassemble the wiring harness and look for any shorts. Im about to drop an Incen in this car and simply walk away. I have never been this frustrated...

If you have the time and the energy then I would trace down the wires underneath the driver side console area and behind the steering wheel. You said the door locks were also messed up? Might be a good idea to start with the driver side door lock and trace the wire all the way back to the ecu and find out if is being pinched our ground out anywhere. I honestly can't help you with the volt meter readings I had my old man come over and give me a hand when I had problems, I am very very poor at wiring.

Busker

Ok, well I appreciate the words of wisdom. Well the windows I am sure is just a fuse or a breaker.

Busker

Just to let everyone know I have lost the battle with this car. I decided to bring it into the dealership today to let them go through it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just to let everyone know I have lost the battle with this car. I decided to bring it into the dealership today to let them go through it.

Let us know what happens.

Busker

I def. will, the STi Guru at the local Subaru Dealership (very reliable guys) told me he had never seen or heard of an issue like this. He said he was kind of anxious to start working on it and see what the deal was.

Busker

So the issue has been resolved. The number 5 wire on the harness that connects to the TPS harness has a short that is intermittent. The Guru was saying that he would test and got a normal Ohm reading and then another time he got 200 Ohms or resistance. He said he switched voltmeters thinking the voltmeter might be faulty but after the 3rd one he concluded its the wire. They are going to replace the entire harness cabin and engine. Hopefully Ill have the gremlin up and running by mid next week!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome. I'm glad they figured it out!

Vermont

I hope u get it up and running! Let me know when its done! Also let me know when ur gonna get tuned by harvey! Id like to be there if thats cool.

So about Harvey....... I talked to a guy recently on another forum who had his car tuned by harvey. First the stock motor went then he almost lost his built motor as well. Luckily for him he was logging often and caught the problem before it toasted the motor. The guy was detonating on E85, which is a very hard thing to do as a tuner.

I am by no means saying Harvey sucks or anything. Heck I have been recommending people go to him over the other people in the springs. Just keep in mind that no matter how good a person is or how friendly they are. They are still human and make mistakes. Either on purpose or accident who knows but shit happens. I just wanted to post this up so you know as much as you can about the guy. My suggestion would be log weekly. If that is not possible then at the very least monthly.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So about Harvey....... I talked to a guy recently on another forum who had his car tuned by harvey. First the stock motor went then he almost lost his built motor as well. Luckily for him he was logging often and caught the problem before it toasted the motor. The guy was detonating on E85, which is a very hard thing to do as a tuner.

I am by no means saying Harvey sucks or anything. Heck I have been recommending people go to him over the other people in the springs. Just keep in mind that no matter how good a person is or how friendly they are. They are still human and make mistakes. Either on purpose or accident who knows but shit happens. I just wanted to post this up so you know as much as you can about the guy. My suggestion would be log weekly. If that is not possible then at the very least monthly.

This is why I'm hesitant to tune on a main stream basis.

Busker

If I had the knowledge Id do it myself. Ive thought about just driving on the base tune I have right now and waiting until I get to OK and drive the 3 hrs to AWD Tuning and letting them do it. I will be trailering the car all the way down there anyways so. As far as going to any other tuner in CO, Ill take my chances with Harvey. Revolting Performance will never lay a hand on a pedal bike of mine let alone my baby

Busker

If I was back home in NY Id go to VT car or Element either way my car would not be able to emissions savvy.

Busker

Guess whos back on the ROAD, I finally was able to Pick up the GREMLIN today. SO excited!!! Its been way too long

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Guess whos back on the ROAD, I finally was able to Pick up the GREMLIN today. SO excited!!! Its been way too long

Time to celebrate with a membership. :)

Congrats!