GR Paul's DD auto-x beast

Paul.c

Hi, everyone, I am Paul and this is my BDSM story.........Oh, wait, no, wrong forum.:roll:

Since the first thing I say to people when they introduce themselves is to start a journal I figured I should do the same.

OK, so this is my 2008 WRB STi.I would love to someday make this car into a track beast and be able to stop driving it every day. For now though it serves a pretty simple purpose. It gets me where I need to go and it gets autocrossed in the summer months. This is my first Subaru and it has been great to me. No it has not blown up yet. Most people think I am crazy for remaining stock. YES, IT HAS THE STOCK TUNE. Now STFU about all GRs blowing up. I will permaban you if you talk shit about my car in here. JK. But for reals, I know the GR is a step in the wrong direction for the STi. I know alot of people don't like the styling. I for one Love teh way it looks. I could not have a sedan, it doesn't work for me. I need cargo space. I have hauled 8ft boards in there, I am able to carry a shit-ton of stuff to auto-x every month, and I can carry all of my Mtn. Biking equipment in there with no bike rack.

Mod List

Suspension
COBB front sway bar
KartBoy front endlinks
COBB rear sway bar (not installed)
Brakes
N/A
Interior
Stereo Delete
G-Tech data acquisition
Exterior
Clear Bra
Powa
Don't need it!

^That looks pittiful
I have remained stock for so long because I feel that the STi is a great car out of the box. I have been able to completely rape some modded GD STis *coughJaredcough* I will mod when it is paid off probably. But, we'll see where it takes me.

Paul.c

Pictures

DSC01805-1.jpg

DSC01789-2.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01453-1.jpg

Last edited:

BadlandsRacer

Subscribed to this, Paul. Glad you finally got around to making a journal...good to see another hardcore autocrosser! That course in your pictures looks EPIC...wish we got to do some like that around here.

Paul.c

Subscribed to this, Paul. Glad you finally got around to making a journal...good to see another hardcore autocrosser! That course in your pictures looks EPIC...wish we got to do some like that around here.

That was at Texas Motor Speedway. There is a small road course in the middle. It is an annual event in our region. It was my first season and it was a great experience.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome. I love the looks of the 08 STi. :thumbsup: I wanna come down and go to that track with you and Jared. Nice pictures and can't wait for the video's.

Paul.c

Oh no, Paul. Now that you have a journal, you have to fill it with parts..............

Just any random parts? I can do that. I have a front right tire, a front left tire, a rear right tire, a rear left tire, a front right wheel, a front left wheel.........

Paul.c

So I am currently in the market for wheels and tires. I am trying to find a used set of 18x8.5 offset between +55 and +48. Any tire would be good but star specs are preffered. I am going to use my stock wheels as my race wheels and run my current star specs into the dirt. I am going to buy the extra set of wheels for dd use. I just think in the long run it would be worth it to have an extra set of wheels. Still debating on that or maybe just buying a new set of star specs. Any one have any wheels for sale?

Paul.c

This weekend I did a little fab-work for my stereo delete. I used some aircraft aluminum from my brother who is an aircraft mechanic. It took a lot of measuring and remeasuring, but it was worth it. Here are the unfinished pics:

48be3df5-08cf-9996.jpg

48be3df5-08f0-15ff.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looks real good Paul. :thumbsup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's pretty cool. Are you doing something else stereo-wise or just nothing at all for weight savings.

Paul.c

Well, George, I want to have music some how. I originally sold my aftermarket nav and all stereo accessories so that I could buy some sways and endlinks. I have the front sway and endlinks installed but not the rear (what a waste). I would like to some how integrate my Ipod into the factory speakers(any suggestions?). I will use this as a mount for my G-tech and possibly my camera for auto-x to get some different angles.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Perhaps you could employ a simple four channel amp and a docking station. Before I had my gauges I integrated a docking station into the clock pod of my car but I'm not sure how you would go about doing that in your car.

Paul.c

I have thought about doing that, a small 4ch amp and a processor for better sound. But I am a cheap bastard.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah me too! I was able to find a good four channel amp for $120 and the docking station I paid only $39 at BestBuy so it was a reasonable investment.