Perrin Wing Stiffi deal.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What is a good deal?

Yandow06

Oh sorry, I went to look at them on your site and I couldn't find them. I found them on WRX pro the other night for 44.99 but they were out of stock. That's why I made this post. I'm just looking for two of them.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh sorry, I went to look at them on your site and I couldn't find them. I found them on WRX pro the other night for 44.99 but they were out of stock. That's why I made this post. I'm just looking for two of them.

That's not a bad price considering I could only find mine for 50 a piece when I bought them way back when.

I do like mine. I put them in last summer. Took a little longer to install them than I expected but I am very pleased with them.

sub5.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You have 3. I like that also.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm wingless right now, but I've considered putting the wing back on periodically...and especially when I'm at the track.
I'd like to have at least 3 wing stiffies installed, but even if I got the best deal possible, that'd still cost at least $150.
I can think of a million other things to spend $150 on that would yield more of a performance gain, so to speak...

For those of you with the stiffies installed, do you notice any real difference besides cosmetics? I've seen pictures of
the wing at +130mph where it was flexing downward in the middle, so I'm sure the stiffies prevent that. Also, wouldn't
these introduce added drag (though I'm sure its minute at best)?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
My wing doesn't move anymore! No flex at all!!!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
For $150 and selling your stock wing, you can pick up a used wing with much better downforce and lower weight.

Food for thought.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
For $150 and selling your stock wing, you can pick up a used wing with much better downforce and lower weight.

Food for thought.

There is nothing better then the stock wing. Do we need to go there?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hah what? I mean i like the iconic look, but it doesnt provide that much downforce and isnt adjustable if you add any front downforce.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I bumped an old thread on the STi wing discussion we had.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
There is nothing better then the stock wing. Do we need to go there?

I agree that for the most part, the stock wing is about the best...especially considering the testing that has
gone into it's design.

I do however, believe that a decently designed wing is quite useful, provided that the wing sits at or above the
height of the factory wing. This debate has been beaten to death though and I don't feel like reviving it...

I guess all I was really asking was whether or not there is any practical improvement in the factory wing after having
installed the stiffies.....besides cosmetics.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Btw...how exactly are these secured in place.

I drilled mine out then the top screws into existing holes in top of the spoiler. Also used two sided tape on the top and bottom to secure it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How much more effective is the wrc wing over stock?

I have 2 stiffies and i only used the 3m tape. Didnt end up going with the screws.