Prices of subaru in USA?

Friky17

Hello everybody. Im looking to buy a subaru (for a few years) but here in Croatia they are really expensive. WRX STI 4D with 6MT transmission (STI version) is about 80,507 US $ and WRX STI 4D with 6MT transmission (with STI S-Package version) is about 89,910 US $. So I came up to idea to buy it in USA (if it is cheaper) and ship it to Croatia. So can someone give me a link to offical subaru website in USA or just tell me prices, and also, can I buy older models that are not used in USA or not? Im looking for 2006 Impreza WRX STI or WRX STI 2015. Thanks. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Before we start we have a question. What about customs?

Friky17

If you mean like turbo, blow off, roll cage and other, I would something buy on ebay and something here at mechanic shop in Croatia. Stuff like turbo, blow off valve, exhaust and rollcage, I would buy it in Croatia and stuff like sparco steering wheel and that, I would order it over ebay. But I don't know, if the turbo and blow off is cheaper in USA I would buy it there! Sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand me well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nope. Sorry I mean getting the car past customs into your country.

How does that work?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Start by checking with your countries import regulations. You'll then need to find a broker to get the car in the US and export it.
You'll have to pay duties and taxes on the assessed value of the car, brokers fees, shipping fees, and other import/export fees.

Can you not find a car anywhere else in Europe? I would think finding one in France or Germany or Great Britain would be much cheaper.

Friky17

I don't know about that. I think that I need to give 20% of the value of the car as a tax and something for shipping. But yes I can try to find one in Europe but I just don't know where. I will definetly try that! Thanks. :)

Alter3go

Try pistonheads.co.uk

I use to look for vehicles there all the time. This is a UK site and all vehicles are in ? and you can probably get on easyjet and Ryanair and drive them across. I know it's a long drive but you'll be able to break the vehicle in lol. Or you can get someone to ship it to you. I drove my vehicle many times with only a passport, but I wasn't staying long though. Also the gentlemen above you have good advice to check your local customs and importation laws.