Protune for a Catted DP and EL Headers?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just what the title says.

I've got a catted DP on the way, and I've found a good deal on a used EL header setup.

I know the DP qualifies me for stage 2, and the headers theoretically put me into protune territory. I cant afford the headers AND a protune right now. Would i be harming the car if i drove it like that with a Stage 2 map, or just missing out on some power potential?

Thanks!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The potential to do damage is great. Typically things run a bit lean with headers and IMO a protune is a must. Things may be just fine in closed loop daily driving but once you go WOT you risk damage from lean knock

You can get yourself a wide band AFR gauge to monitor your AFRs and take logs to keep an eye on knock if you absolutely can not afford a protune at the moment.

Are you planing on runing the AccessPort or OpenSource?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've got an accessport. Why do you ask; does that make a difference in this case?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I've got an accessport. Why do you ask; does that make a difference in this case?

I was just thinking if it came down to it we can give you a conservative tune online and it would make a difference at that point.

Keep off the headers until you want a custom tune. IMO, stockpile some more parts like injectors, a fuel pump and a couple other little things before going with a custom tune.

+1