Quad-scroll, yes I now have your attention.

bugeye_fever

Yeah, on a subie you'd definetly have a header tube for each cylinder, each separate and equal length all the way to the flange. That in itself would be difficult but not impossible. but finding space for 4 ewg's would be really tough. I've seen twin-scroll setups that use a single ewg, but I don't know if thats a sound practice, I don't build headers.

But for the power gains they're talking about for with just a GTX3076... It's just plain ridiculous.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow that's just plan sick. Me want.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was reading that and I only have an issue with this one statement...

Kinetic energy imparted to the flow by the compressor wheel at the exducer is converted into static pressure energy in the diffuser, and subsequently the flow is then divided and reacted into quantum virtual work by the vaned volute section.

What?!?!

Vermont

I have no idea what that article said..... I read through it and still cant figure out why they say it works. Any one here wanna break it down?

Undecisive

So much work, and I wouldn't run equal length headers, I would run unequals to keep the boxer rumble just to be different.

bugeye_fever

I read about it on a few other forums and the consensus was that it's a photoshopped late aprilfools joke. But I don't know how it could be as its on the ATP website. It does sound a little far fetched, but who knows, I guess time will tell.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did he changed physics right there in a single sentence?! :tard:

Haha... I think so! Thats why I questioned it. I'm surprised they didn't infer string theory in there as well... I'm sure it's relevant somehow!

I've been in the flow and fluid dynamics game for 24 years and my mind hurts because of that staement. :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It's funny... I just showed this statement to our company physicist and he just laught at me! :lol:

Either it is a joke or they are pulling the wool over our eyes. I'm not saying this doesn't work but I question their research and their "Bernoulli", "Werner Heisenberg" explaination.

bugeye_fever

Haha, thats great! I honestly have no understanding of what they're saying (but thats not saying.. much, lol.) I'll bet somebody who know's just enough to get themselves in trouble, decided that if 2 was good, 4 'ought to be better right? And threw out a bunch of big words they'd heard before together, shame shame.