R3V's 2006 World Rally Blue WRX STI

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What an awesome list. I have to go read it again. :lol:

R3V

In my search for a DD, I've looked at a LOT of possibilities. I've been from everything from a small truck to a VW hatch. My main issue is, of course, myself. As much as it makes sense, I don't want a Civic which is the "ideal" beater car. I've come to a black E36 M3 which I can get my hands on for between 5-7K. 30+MPG's, no valve adjustment so the maintenance is easy, great looking, and fits my personality.

6281141461_5592206795_b.jpg

6281140349_080a556e8f_b.jpg

6281140917_ffa5e230ac_b.jpg

6289623163_c077c19c85_b.jpg

Last edited:

R3V

That's a heck of a DD. I think i'd get the mod bug on that thing too!

Haha it sure is. I plan on cafe'ing it out. Stylish and clean. I'll finally have something to bring to all my GF's euro meets :lol:. These are super easy to work on, and because a good friend builds M3's I get the parts, and if I need it labor, cheap. What really sold me is 30+ mpg if you drive soft, and that they don't really throw rods or bearings. The most I'd ever have to do is replace a head gasket or tranny both of which are under 1K. Cheap, stylish, easy to maintain, and fun. Gotta love it.

Paul.c

That would be a cool DD. I seriously doubt you will ever get 30 mpg though. Are you going to be easy on it. I drive a mini cooper S conservatively and haven't been able to average over 30 yet.

R3V

That would be a cool DD. I seriously doubt you will ever get 30 mpg though. Are you going to be easy on it. I drive a mini cooper S conservatively and haven't been able to average over 30 yet.

A good friend builds and sells them, I think he's owned 7 so far. He said 30+ if he takes it easy the whole drive and its mostly highway (which is what my drive is, 70 miles of highway), high 20's if he drives a bit aggressive, and low 20's driving like a maniac. Honestly if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even consider one, but the man is a veritable master of BMW's.