Roof vent

I still wanna do this but the leaking part concerns me.
You just have to make sure you use better quality sealant, only reason mine leaked was the caulk I used wasn't good for the heat here. I may end up striping the E-6000 off later down the line and replace it with black RTV, which now that I think about it may happen sooner than later, since I have a really good memory of how well that stuff seals and adheres. (Used some on the BPV on the Spearco TMIC I had on my WRX, took a LOT to break the BPV off for the TMIC upgrade by Turbonetics) I suspect that that the same adhesion would be quite beneficial in this case too, plus if use the black type I don't have to repaint again.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
True that. It does get stifling hot here but also we see hard cold too. I wonder how it works for the cold?
I just have horrible memories of those add on pop up sunroofs, back in the day, leaking like a damn sieve when it rains. Makes me hesitate.... a lot.

Can definitely understand the hesitation, and not sure how RTV is in the cold, though I know that E-6000 has lasted for a long while on the rivets holding my roof diffuser thing (vortex generator?) down flat. Wonder how well JB Weld would work in this job.......