Saw a recent fb post from the forum

So, I saw an fb post about this forum, liked what was said about how the forum operates, so, figured I would join up! I do however spend a lot of time on SCS, I avoid nasioc now, didn't like the shit attitude some people had. In a sec, my buddy jonny should chime in as we just joined from the peace and quite of my garage. Make sure everyone says hi to jonny and his lesbaru!

Here a little about my mode of transportation.

2007 STI
Eibach pro kit springs
KYB GR2 struts
Hallman MBC
AEM long tube CAI
Cobb catless DP
HKS high power cutback
Running at 19lbs psi
Tuned by Phat Ron of phatbotti
Kicker DVC L7 solobaric
Kicker door components
Alpine 4 channel
Alpine navi
Bronze BBS
Toyo proxes4's
Wingless trunk

I'll put up a pic tomorrow when it's daylight.

Jonnyboy

Hi, I'm Jonny. I don't actually have an STI, but I'm in the process of scavenging all the leftovers from Sean's car that I can.

And, if I can't beat Sean in a race, I might as well at least beat him to putting up a picture of my car, the "Lesbaru" as it's so affectionately nicknamed.

vezy9y9y.jpg

It's in process of an engine rebuild with an EJ257 block and rods, custom pistons for 10.5:1 compression, ACL bearings, Delta 2000 cams, and a cheap UEL eBay header. The pic is without the engine in the car, hence the desert prerunner stance of the nose being so high. Next project before the engine goes in is gonna be taking Sean's old springs and putting them on some brand spankin new KYB WRX struts and a 17mm WRX rear sway bar to improve handling from floating Cadillac style to actually cornering.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome guys. Glad you could join us. ;)

Thanks dude! Oh, btw, I'm thinking of swinging by the Honda test track(s) That shut down here recently and seeing if they have any open track days. I hope they do, tons of different driving stuff out there.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome and glad to have you guys.
Check out the members journals and feel free to start your own.

Thanks dude! Just finished cutting, glaze and now on wax, then wideband install. I'll put up pics when I'm done.

Didn't do the wideband, spent the majority of the day trying to un-fuck the meguires glaze job. That stuff sucks. Might be able to do it tomorrow if I can find what I did with Allen key for the plug. I hate it when tools grow legs and walk away.

CORNFED

I also joined because I like what was said about the operations. NASIOC was far too narrow minded and not tolerant whatsoever of subaru owners looking for guidance. I'm excited to see what this forum is all about!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Didn't do the wideband, spent the majority of the day trying to un-fuck the meguires glaze job. That stuff sucks. Might be able to do it tomorrow if I can find what I did with Allen key for the plug. I hate it when tools grow legs and walk away.

Check out Detailers Domain, one of our vendors. They have the best when it comes to detailing supplies.

I hear ya in the tools. I was missing a wrench one time, went to the store to buy another only to return home and found it tucked nicely in the cowl trim of my wife's ride. Lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I also joined because I like what was said about the operations. NASIOC was far too narrow minded and not tolerant whatsoever of subaru owners looking for guidance. I'm excited to see what this forum is all about!

Yes, their threads go stupid real fast.
Ask away and we'll guide without hate.

Word to that. Lol. I might just go and buy a set of the 3/8 drive Allen's and just hit it that way. Ugh. Having the morning coffee and smoke, thinking Xbox might fair a bit better today. Haha.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Where can we get that cooling system? :)

Wal-Mart! Lol. Not installing the wideband. I've came to the conclusion that I will not run anything from Cobb again. The plug in the DP is made of shit pot metal, instantly stripped out. If anyone wants to trade DP's let me know.