SOLD! FL: 2007 STI Blue, orig, owner, with upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: SOLD!!! Thanks IGOTASTI! I got some good leads from here, and in the end I sold it to someone local who's the perfect buyer for this car: a young man who works in a local car repair shop and loves working on cars. This is going to be a great experience for him.

I'd upgraded this car with a mind to doing autocross, but life happens. Since I love this forum and the people who've helped me over the years, I'm listing it here first. :)

Original owner (non-smoker), fully owned & clear title
87,000 miles
STI Blue with gold wheels
2007 STI with the following upgrades/add-ons:

Engine/Exterior
1) Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) cold-air intake kit with heat shield, filter cleaned at 78,000 miles
2) SPT front sway bar
3) factory foglights for STI Limited
4) Grillcraft black mesh cover protecting front grille & hood intake
5) Subaru fuel injectors modified to ~1,000cc
6) Three-port boost solenoid
7) Upgraded intercooler - 2008-2012 model from a new 2008 STI
8) SPT battery tie-down (suitable for track)
9) full catless exhaust upgrade: inVidia downpipe and out
10) professionally tuned at Vortex Motorsports in Tampa, FL
11) BC BR Type adjustable suspension kit with 30 position options installed yesterday
12) Engine block heater & battery warmer

Interior:
1) original seats in excellent condition - drove with seat covers on for most of the car's life
2) audio:
Kenwood DDX-516 CD/DVD/MP3 player with touchscreen
Kenwood KNA-G630 Garmin GPS unit added - with North America 2013 map update
Kenwood KTC-HR300 HD Radio added
Kenwood KCA-BT300 Bluetooth added
Kenwood backup camera added
Front doors: Alpine SPS-400 4" 2-way speakers (factory fit)
Rear doors: Alpine SPR-13C 5.25" 2-way speakers (factory fit)
JL Audio XD700/5 100Wx4 + 300W x 1 at 2 ohms car amplifier (under passenger seat)
JL Audio 10W3v3-2 10" 2-ohm Subwoofer (in Sound Ordnance box, bolted to frame for track safety)
USB connection in glove box for MP3 playback
3) floor pan LED lighting with 8 color choices and 3 modes of operation, all 4 seats
4) all-weather floor mats on top of original STI floor mats, all in good condition

Exterior:
1) Clearguard was put on the hood, front panels, and mirrors shortly after I bought the car
2) Lower front intake and hood scoop had Grillcraft mesh covers added shortly after I bought the car
3) All paint is in excellent shape and has retained its color. There are the typical number of small 'door dings' here and there
4) Garage-kept, at work and at home, every year except 2014 when I lived in an apartment complex

The good:
I've never raced this car nor beaten it up. I've kept all the maintenance records and done a very good job of keeping oil changed & etc. This car has mostly been garage-kept. I was careful about the catless exhaust I chose and I'm glad for it - the sound is an awesome note but not too loud. It doesn't smell of exhaust. I've done a lot of work recently to keep it going for the long haul, but my wife wants me to get rid of it if I'm not going to be getting into autocross.

The buyer will also get many original parts:
- the stock STI intercooler
- original air intake & filter
- a set of stock injectors
- most of the original exhaust including the catalytic converter (I think I'm just missing a straight pipe)
- the original sales brochure and, if desired, copies of all maintenance work

I'm not exaggerating when I say that nearly every place I take it, the mechanic seeks me out to tell me how impressed they are with the vehicle and how well I've taken care of it. I've been like that with every car I own.

Recent work includes
- a new radiator and belts 2 months ago,
- A/C was recharged and hoses replaced 4 months ago after a pinhole leak
- Steering rack and hoses were replaced 1 year ago after a line leak
- New struts and towers last week (was still on originals)

The bad:
Two years ago I had someone knock me off the road. The car took two side impacts. No damage to the frame, and since it was the other driver's fault, every last piece was replaced with exact-match Subaru-only. The rear passenger door and rear quarter panel were replaced and the front passenger door was repaired. Both passengers wheels were replaced as a safety precaution and the rear axle was replaced. During painting, the shop broke the hood scoop, so they replaced that too. It's still my everyday driver and has clear title. No engine damage, no airbags deployed.

- Front tires have 7/32" and 8/32" tread; rear tires have 6/32" tread.
- Brake pads still have about 15,000 miles on them (depending how you drive it)
- the electric 'chirp' noise when you unlock the car doesn't work.
- the brake pedal has the random creaking noise that some '07s get from the factory welds to the plate. I've had it examined multiple times and been reassured it's not necessary to fix it.

Asking $17,000 for IGOTASTI.com members, $18,000 otherwise (yes, this means if you purchase a membership here, I'll give you a discount on my car!).

Questions welcome. I'll get some recent interior/engine pictures posted in the next day or two.

STI-Right.jpg

STI-Left.jpg

STI-Right2.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
First thank your for all your support here.

Second we're sorry you have to sell.

Third we're going to share this on our social network now. :tup:

GLWS!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No problem. We love helping people who support us.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Wow!! Beautiful STi i also own an 07 that i recently bought with similar characteristics

b7456d7a79a61b961e484c75b859f3c1.jpg

Paid exactly what you are asking do not budge on that price its worth every penny of it.. Good luck selling it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks War Panda! That's REALLY useful to know. :) Blue Book if I hadn't done anything to it was $19K, so I was hoping this would be a good price to sell.

I really hope you enjoy your '07--that was a very special model year. I would have kept mine if I'd carried through on taking it to the track. I love this car and it's the first time I would gladly buy another.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
oh i love my 07! im sorry to hear you have yo get rid of it but on the bright side i hope it finds an owner that will take as much care of it as you did and maybe turn someone else into a subie lover like ourselves. make sure you tell them to join us here so we can follow the progression of the car. you should have no problem selling the car at $17k i was more than happy to pay that price.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Is this a clean title?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Some of you have seen my posts here (and helped me) before...with all that I've done to keep this car in great shape, I'd rather keep it another 8-10 years. The problem is that because I'm not the kind of guy who can do a lot of work on this, my wife kinda put her foot down and told me I needed to not be driving a modified car if I couldn't easily do work on it myself. When I needed a new rack, I had just moved here and didn't know anyone--so I went to a dealer. They fixed it, but then they also decided to flash the ECU when their work threw a CEL...wiping out my tune. It was a real hassle to try to keep my job, living alone at the time, while getting my one-and-only car to a tuning shop. She doesn't want me trying to commute in something that's I can't take just anywhere because we're still new to St. Petersburg (FL).

The good news is, she otherwise doesn't mind what I drive. A stock STI to replace this wonderful car is not out of the question.

It's different mindsets at work here: I just paid for new shocks & struts because it needed it, the originals lasted longer than I expected, and now the car isn't going to need anything but maintenance for quite a long time. She sees this as a sign that the car is "old", and it doesn't matter how great a condition it's in. :-/ I'd easily drive it another 8-10 years. She feels I need to commute in something newer. I had a dust-up with a local dealer when they flashed my ECU and I had to get a tuning shop to re-do it; she sees that as a sign that the vehicle is 'hard to get worked on'.
After upgrades, I'm not sure I could handle rolling it back to stock. It just runs so amazing now.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
from owner to owner. i would really hate to see you get rid of this car i can tell brings you much joy. i think your battle is with the wife. gotta try and make her understand that this car isnt what she thinks it is. deff wont be easy but i have found that teaching how things in the car work and when they need to be fixed what causes them to go wrong they understand more that the car is in great shape especially for its age. you know your wife much better than i do but that would be my honest suggestion. try and make it work. OR. buy a daily if your budget allows it.

UPDATE: SOLD!!! Thanks IGOTASTI! I got some good leads from here, and in the end I sold it to someone local who's the perfect buyer for this car: a young man who works in a local car repair shop and loves working on cars. This is going to be a great experience for him.

Thanks for posting my listing on social media - I hope it at least netted us another paid user or two. I'll be sticking around here myself. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Thanks for posting my listing on social media - I hope it at least netted us another paid user or two. I'll be sticking around here myself. :)

No problem friend. Glad we could help. ;)

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.