Some resources are not available

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Due to hurricane Sandy, the server responsible for hosting some of our media has been compromised. The effected media is primarily in the member's resources section such as manuals and tuning guides as well as the Elite test, and E-tuning services.

Please bare with us while we recover from the devastation and as we implement these services on a new server. Estimated time to completion is two weeks from today (11/04/2012)

Thank You and Yours Truly,
George :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks Holy for the update.

How you doing since the storm?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm very busy helping others pick up the pieces. Some areas are totally devastated. Others are just fine... it's bizarre to drive through one part of the island and things are normal and then drive through others that look like war zones.

The other thing is the gas situation... That's got me a bit worried

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm very busy helping others pick up the pieces. Some areas are totally devastated. Others are just fine... it's bizarre to drive through one part of the island and things are normal and then drive through others that look like war zones.

The other thing is the gas situation... That's got me a bit worried

No gas?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I know what you mean. We see it every year here, with tornadoes and all the other freakish weather we get. Still, I can only imagine that type of destruction on such a large scale and in such densely populated areas.
Hope and thoughts go out to you and yours.

Vermont

Dude if you ever need anything from me just let me know man. You have gone out on a limb for me more than once so please let me know if you need help.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ditto on what Vermont said!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm just fine and I thank you for the concern! We are inland a bit and we had little to no damage so we were very fortunate. The biggest thing for us was the lack of electricity for about 24 hrs. My heart goes out to the people by the water and those without power.

And yes... no gas! :x

ZachTTLM

This has been crazy! I have friends that have been affected and have seen the devistation and it makes you wake up and realize how much worse things can be and to stop taking things for granted and as Vermont and JJ said if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you Zack. Very much appreciated!

Good news is The server is now recovered and all the data is back. I am now setting up the backups to transfer data to the cloud so I don't have to go through this again.

I spoke to Optimum tech service today and had them open the necessary ports to allow access to various server functions and it should be back up and running tonight. The thing that has me most exited about this is that this server not only hosts some of IGOTA data but it also hosts vital information for three separate companies. I'm saving the jobs of about 200 people right now and that makes me feel awesome!

And I have Gas! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome pal.

Thanks for everything you do for us.

ICY STi

Holy...I'm not sure if you get as much appreciation as you actually deserve. You have been one of the main contributors to this great forum. Knowledge is one thing but from a sponsors point of view I see you posting updates and other stuff that helps keep this superior community afloat. From the deepest cockales of my heart thank you for everything you have done to keep this forum up and running.

Jj the same goes to you. I know I can't possibly Phathom the sacrifices you have made to build, upkeep and preserve the best forum for car enthusiast online.

If there is anything I can do from Alaska please let me know and I will try my absolute hardest to help out.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Holy...I'm not sure if you get as much appreciation as you actually deserve. You have been one of the main contributors to this great forum. Knowledge is one thing but from a sponsors point of view I see you posting updates and other stuff that helps keep this superior community afloat. From the deepest cockales of my heart thank you for everything you have done to keep this forum up and running.

Jj the same goes to you. I know I can't possibly Phathom the sacrifices you have made to build, upkeep and preserve the best forum for car enthusiast online.

If there is anything I can do from Alaska please let me know and I will try my absolute hardest to help out.

Thank you very much! It is you guys that should be praised. Your support is what keeps us going everyday and the only reason JJ, Myself, Edwin and our entire Mod team dedicate themselves as much as they do.

I don't really deserve anyone's appreciation. I am no better than any of you really. Seriously.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Everything should be back up!

Please let me know if you have any problems with any of these resources.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah... My room is filled with servers now and boy do those things pump out some heat!