Speedometer not working

BenErnest

Okay, so I've had this happen before. I've traced it to a lose sensor underneath my transmission that shorts when it gets really wet out. But this time, my Rpms drop insanely fast and my vacuum is around 25in hg instead of the normal 18. And between every shift or when I completely let off gas it back fires. Oil pressure is fine and no CEL has came on. Please help! Thanks

BenErnest

Also I have a cat back exhaust and your basic "stage 2" tune. Nothing special that would cause misfiring or anything like that

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Do you have a downpipe installed with your stage 2 tune? You just stated a catback with a stage 2 tune.
A bov installed that vents to atmosphere?
Sounds like you have a boost/vacuum leak.

BenErnest

Yes I have a down pipe and an adjustable bov that vents 50% atmospherically currently. It seems like it's more related to my speedo. Still spools and holds boost fine. Just between gears it's having a huge issue

BenErnest

I posted this in a hurry last night. It should also be mentioned that my car was fine yesterday until I went through the car wash, then these problems started to occur

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Backfires and the such wouldn't relate to speedo.
Problems sometimes have a way of manifesting themselves suddenly or become apparent suddenly. Washing the car may have gotten something wet but I doubt it when it comes to making the car run funny in this way.
Your 50/50 bov is a leak right there. Your venting metered air into space and the engine thinks it's still in there. This will cause backfires and funny rpm.
Return to the factory bpv or, if your able to, close yours off to run full recirculated.
See if this changes anything.

BenErnest

I'll try to return it when I leave again. But I've had it set like that over a year and had no issues. It drove smoother today and didnt have the ridiculous vacuum pressure, but the speedo still doesn't work. Rather confused at this point

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I think your trying to relate two separate problems which is not the case. IMO.

Fix the speedo doodad.

I'd still try the bov as the venting is a leak and can cause backfires.

Otherwise do some logs and see how fuel trims are.

BenErnest

Plugged in the Cobb ap, was running quite rich. Pulled that sensor and dried it trying to fix speedo. Let it sit for 7 hours or so. Speedometer works fine, fuel is back to normal, revs are normal, and no back firing. Vacuum test came back fine. Rather confused but it works, so I won't question it. Thanks for the advice again, Spamby. Always helping ��

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Been following this since you created it. How the hell does one sensor screw all that shit up?!?! Ahhhhh!

Glad its all good now!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
One problem may not have been the cause of another. Still yet, it could be.

Electrical gremlins from one area can travel and sometimes cause oddities elsewhere. I don't know the schematics of this car or even pretend to know more than the basics of electrical but this case may be plausible.