Spray painted my taillights

Bang876

I hated the white or silver background of the stock STi hatch taillights! It reminds me of some cheap taillights you can buy from Walmart, so I decided to spray paint them red using a special spray paint call nightshade. You can get this at nearly all local auto part stores and its fairly cheap. I think it looks badass! What do you guys think?

Before

photo11_zps3f5de87d.jpg

After

photo35_zps541ec1ba.jpg

STEPS

photo30_zps9f8f5c1f.jpg

photo29_zps457e3893.jpg

photo31_zps29dda12d.jpg

photo37_zps2e098424.jpg

photo32_zpsaedb4560.jpg

photo33_zpsd2f23867.jpg

photo34_zps84d43061.jpg

When applying the paint make sure to use very light coats and only use 3 coats max. I gave it about 15mins between coats and within an hour it was dry enough to touch and within 24h its completely cured.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looks great! Good job. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow much better haha. I actually have 2 light coats on my tails with the tint night shade. If you looked at my car you cant tell right away that its done but if i park next to a stock tail light 04/05 youd be able to notice it.

RallySoob

so they make VHT in red? I bought black but I like the red... for my 06 tails. Your tails look AWESOME my friend! Very very good choice on this mod. It should come like that from the factory. I never seen anyone do them like this before, very nice

Bang876

so they make VHT in red? I bought black but I like the red... for my 06 tails. Your tails look AWESOME my friend! Very very good choice on this mod. It should come like that from the factory. I never seen anyone do them like this before, very nice

Thanks man and yeah VHT comes in all sort of color. If a store doesn't have the color you want then order it. Everyone was doing black so i picked red.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thanks man and yeah VHT comes in all sort of color. If a store doesn't have the color you want then order it. Everyone was doing black so i picked red.

What other colors can you get it in??

STI 2NR

THey make a red anodized that never fades for taillights. I have a can of it in my garage. Last time I used it was 5 years ago though.

Bang876