Plasti dip the wheels

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did my brothers lexus for him today
IMG_4711_zpsfad15919.jpg
IMG_4712_zps61d259e4.jpg

Very nice! How does he like them?

RallySoob

I am doing my sti wheels red tonite...or blue...all 4 same color. What do u think; red or blue next?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Red on white looks amazing. So savor that for after blue. Blue tonight! :tup:

RallySoob

Hey i learned Lowes carries plasti dip! All colors and finishes!! Home depot has black only. In Salem Or anyway

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey i learned Lowes carries plasti dip! All colors and finishes!! Home depot has black only. In Salem Or anyway

No way! Im gonna run over to lowes in a bit to check it out!

RallySoob

Thanks! I was told Knechts auto store carries it too. I just got back from Liwes at South off Mission St and they only had black and white cans... They had actual dip cans too but only black. Bummer. Dude that told me that must be talking about Keizer Lowes so i'll chek ther tomorow

my bro loves his wheels. The bmw has been getting lots compliments too. The STi gets too much attention almost. People really like it, no doubt. They let me kno too haha. I used get few compliments a week and now i get a few a day...every day..like clock work when im cruisin downtown. :D

im leaning towards red for now cuz i thought i would like blue better. Im doing orange sooner than later too

RallySoob

Im going to add either silver, gold or bronze flake to the red. Im not sure the smoke would work out on the red. Im pretty sure it would just look like black cheetah spots over a distorted red. Maybe if you spray them at the same exact time, one can in each hand and make sure the target is right where the two streams meet. Ive seen a tutorial on dipyourcar,com where he did that with gold and red...looked pretty slick. hard to do consistently but cool none the less

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
All these options. Im dying to see pics already! I cant wait. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wtf man. My lowes only has black and white!!!! Where do i find yellow locally?!?! :(

RallySoob

alright... I have to paint them tonight because the yellow side started to peel really bad. Of course it is around the lip of the rim that it starts to peel. I think I rubbed it off when I used the drive thru car wash. And then it got worse as I drove around. Anyway, the green side is solid as can be. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and STILL can not decide on red or blue. Everytime I set myself on one color I change my mind the next time I ponder the though haha

liltripg17

Thanks for the advice!! My order is placed...can't wait to try it out. I ordered four white, 3 pearl and 2 gloss...should work out

RallySoob

I found that copper metalizer over black primer matches the stock GD STi brembo brake calipers. Fyi

When peeling the yellow off I had ran into some areas that were a pita to get it all off because I did not spray it thick enough. I probably was 3-5 coats shy of a great job..imo. So use lots of paint, like a can per wheel of color and maybe even a whole can of primer and half glossifier. Get silly but make sure to let it dry THUROUGHLY between coats or yhe bottom layers will remain wet even as the top layers dry. No good. Do it right 1st time, should take several hours if not a day or two. Gl felkas. Lfmm

i added silver flake for fun ..my brembos are stock paint..7yrs old etc. but u see how close that can lid is
IMG_2346_zps4b9cf781.jpg

IMG_4720_zpsdee3ba98.jpg

IMG_4723_zps3f28fb16.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that bronze!!!! I think i want to do my stockers that color!! Thatd looks pretty nasty!!!

RallySoob

i did few more coats too... it looks super silky and deep. Lots of depth... I like it alot too. tempted to try a wheel out like that just to see

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
i did few more coats too... it looks super silky and deep. Lots of depth... I like it alot too. tempted to try a wheel out like that just to see

Please please please do so. I think it would look fantastic!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ill peel them off either today or tomorrow and do them pink since that was supposed to be done a while ago. Ill keep you guys updated.

Did you ever do this? How'd it go? I'm really curious if any permanent damage was done.