Sti is overboosting... Need advise AGAIN!!!!

cobbtunedsti

I found out why my vacuum plug came out last Sunday.. The car was over boosting. I thought my gauge was off but after I fixed the vacuum line I done some logs.. On my 21psi map I hit 25-28psi.. And on my 19psi map I hit 21psi??? The car runs and drives 100%.. this stuff I am not good at.. I have already checked the waste gate hoses and everything around the turbo.. Advise???

cobbtunedsti

I thought that!! But the plug fixed my idle problem so it was on there when tuned.. Right???

cobbtunedsti

It's never seen my 91oct map.. It's always been on e85.. Indri e it once or twice a week..

cobbtunedsti

Believe it or not before my build I had an exhast leak which caused a overboosting problem.. I can't here any off hand..

cobbtunedsti

I'll call them in the morning.. I just hope I don't lose HP with what ever he does..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You'll have just as much HP as you had when you were on the dyno. But... you will be running a lower boost preasure than you're currently running.

QUIT BEING A POWER WHORE CARL!!!! ;-)

You called him a whore, lol

Bluedemon_II

Have you tried to reset the ecu and see if it still does the same thing? Not that there are any long term wastegate tables but it's worth to try. Other than that some condition changed from when you got tuned to the actual setup on the engine. See if there is a broken vac line somewhere. What is your boost control setup "manual or solenoid, 3port?

Maybe that will help a little on identifying the problem. Also, it is boosting that much, how is the knock at those conditions?

cobbtunedsti

There's no knock.. E85 is great for that... It's a 3port.. I've reset the ecu twice..

cobbtunedsti

Found it... Six hours later while putting new hose clamps on my oil return line on my turbo.. The plug that Cobb put in my up pipe was loose under my heat wrap.. By luck I brushed my hand against it and felt it was loose... @Holy.. I reseted my ECU and done some logs.. On my 19psi map I hit 20.5.. On my 21psi map I hit 22.8..
I think 1 psi is find (Boost Spike)
Always my oil leak is 90% better with putting new hose clamps on.. It is still leaked a little while doing these pulls..

cobbtunedsti

During tuning

While tuning for 21psi it still jumped to 22.5.. Watch after Calvin redlines it..[video]http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g449/cobbtunedsti/?action=view&current=1301855541.mp4[/video]