STi TMIC stencil

13SubSTi

I'm sure this has been covered probably several times but I'm wondering if anybody has one or has done it before. Also I'm wondering if there are any drawbacks IE clogged intercooler or anything like that I've heard a few different answers

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have never done this personally because our 04 STi has it, but we have seen it done and there are no issues doing this.

13SubSTi

OK thanks for the reply it sucks they stopped doing it I think it would look good on the newer generation but should be pretty straight forward

I like it as well and will do it this summer. I don't think there is any way 1 or two coats of paint could clog the intercooler.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive never seen anybody report issues. Its a few thin coats of paint that barely measures 1mm in layer on the fins. Just dont drench the damn thing with a 5 gallon tub of paint! :rofl:

13SubSTi

Haha yea basically what I was thinking nice n thin u should be good does it matter if its VHT high temp paint or anything and where would you locate a stencil that's as close to the original as possible I don't really want odd jankity stuff in my engine bay

13SubSTi

That's the exact same one I've been looking at if it seems sketchy I won't use it but I'll probably go ahead n order it and see what's up

13SubSTi

Had the intercooler stencil done for a little while figured I'd show how it looks on the newer models I think Subaru should of kept it going on the STi's

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very very nice.

What's the size of the stencil card stock? I might be able to make my own now :) Got me a new toy that can cut, so I can even do vinyl stickers now too haha :tup:
I guess I need to find a solid image of the STi logo and give it a go

13SubSTi

From top point of the i to bottom point of the S its about 12 1/4" wide n about 4 3/8" tall its wasn't quite as thick as card stock but close n it stuck to the intercooler a little I got it off eBay for 15-20 bucks if you can get a good one going I think you'd b in business