Stock 07 wrx missfire

f350cummins

ok so I have an 07 wrx all stock, except extra gauges. 111K miles

started off as a fuel lean code, cleaned the MAF sensor, all was good for 1300 miles.
Got fuel saturday night, and went to merge onto the highway and did my typical 4th gear pull from 40 to about 70 as i merge. I heard a faint pop and sudden lack of power. Check engine light was on and flashing

i got it to a friends house and grabbed his truck. I brought the car home and sometimes the check engine light flashes, sometimes its solid on. I read the code, it just told me cyc 4 misfire.

I cant get the code number, just a translation. Any ideas would be great, I havent looked deep into detail, lack of knowledge of the vehicle and lack of daylight hours.

Thanks in Advance guys and gals

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Steady CEL in most cars typically means a problem but not an emergency. A flashing CEL typically means all hell is breaking loose and get me fixed now.
Fuel and spark delivery would be ones to check: plugs, coil packs, injectors... You get the idea.
The pop and sudden loss of power gets me to thinking maybe something mechanical like the piston. Cyl 4 is a notorious one to let go in these cars.
Check the fuel and spark delivery and get a compression test done.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Alex I thought you told me you already did a compression check. :unsure:

f350cummins

I have to either get access to the lift, or wait for the weekend. Meanwhile its my only legally drivable vehicle.......

f350cummins

Well bad news I don't own it any more The dealer took it back. Everything I did with them has been a hassle. I will never deal with that subaru stealership again, but another subaru is in the future.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well bad news I don't own it any more The dealer took it back. Everything I did with them has been a hassle. I will never deal with that subaru stealership again, but another subaru is in the future.

So what was wrong with it?