Subiesport.tv

irishdave

I just found this site the other day. Really cool stuff on there. The video of the diesel 22b replica is pretty bad ass! Check it out. Just google subiesport and it should be the first result. Enjoy. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I so want that 22b diesel now!!!

Blahaha subiesport oh boy did they give their subscription holders the shaft before they ended.

I'll take a look at their subiesport.tv as long as its free because I will not spend a dime supporting that company again.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why?

Just curious.

Why?

Just curious.

Well I was a subscription holder as soon as I found them after I bought my subie. I signed up for a two year renewal at the subiefest at willow springs race way ( I believe it was even after they were having issues missing months of magazines at that time) only to receive one or two more copies of a partial magazine and the last copy was like a few pages with a DVD that explained they were going to this format but I never received anything after that and found out that they closed shop and I guess offered the subscription holders a different magazine which I never received or was offered.

Pretty much all my old subiesport magazines became litter pan liner for my cockatoo to do her duty on after I found that out.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Makes sense. Can't blame you there.

ricochet

Yup, those were challenging times for all small publishers. Hundreds of small titles shut down. In the face of harsh economic upheaval, ad budgets froze overnight which made maintaining the necessary credit lines with the printers impossible. Many advertisers closed shop and others slipped payments to NET120 or worse. No way to keep the lights on for a small publication that way -- though we tried and I personally assumed a lot of debt in the process. We were able to broker a deal with Grassroots Motorsports who were supposed to fulfill remaining issues and they even picked up a project WRX to support the new Subaru owners. That wasn't an ideal end for the print title, but it was the best we could do at the time. We never made very much money on the magazine, and weren't in a financial position to ride it out. Just my 5-cents.

Yup, those were challenging times for all small publishers. Hundreds of small titles shut down. In the face of harsh economic upheaval, ad budgets froze overnight which made maintaining the necessary credit lines with the printers impossible. Many advertisers closed shop and others slipped payments to NET120 or worse. No way to keep the lights on for a small publication that way -- though we tried and I personally assumed a lot of debt in the process. We were able to broker a deal with Grassroots Motorsports who were supposed to fulfill remaining issues and they even picked up a project WRX to support the new Subaru owners. That wasn't an ideal end for the print title, but it was the best we could do at the time. We never made very much money on the magazine, and weren't in a financial position to ride it out. Just my 5-cents.

I'm aware of the fact that it was hard times (that I pretty much mentioned in one of my previous posts) I just didn't enjoy the fact that I renewed a subscription for two years (I actually think the two year renew wasn't offered and I paid for two 1 year subscriptions) at the oct 09 subiefest booth where the vendor reassured me that they were going to continue on with the subscription after I inquired if they were due to their history of missing issues.

The thing that killed it for me was that I renewed and never received a letter apologizing about them closing shop as well as never receiving an issue of grassroots after receiving the final DVD issue of subiesport.

A simple letter of explanation was all that was needed (not a refund) Just my 5-cents