SugaShane is in the house!! haha hey

sturner2311

Hello,

Hey guys i'm Shane. Its about time I not be a hermit anymore. A lot of people have been telling me to come on here "shoot the s!@#" , learn, get my work out there, and maybe even help some others out too if I can. I own a 2008 Sti and a supper rad Hyundai accent "GT" haha its a "GT" its fast so shhh! Not really.

I'm a huge car enthusiast who strives to be the best, and want to get there some day. Learning is a big thing for me. Also I would like to share the things I have and can do with you all and get some feedback. That is why I am here an be of some help to you guys as well. I do the majority of my own work, and hope to lean what I cant do at the moment very soon (machining). I'm not scared and am very willing to try new or existing products on my own car, test them, prove and provide data to others why they should have them as well. I'm sure you've all heard it before but hey just thought I'd put it out there and anybody that knows me definitely will tell you the same thing!

Started working on cars with my father when I was around 13 and motorcycles even before that. I started out building my Tacoma into a prerunner with my dad as I went to school for welding/fabrication. Shortly after I got my hands on a Subaru, three forester XTs later I decided to try and do something else and I built a 2005 GTO N/A 627hp and decided I loved Subaru more so here I am again and now on the second Sti. I believe I have some vast knowledge about these cars and others too, so i hope I can bring something to the table.

Well its time to meet lots of cool people, help others if I can, possible sponsorship, promoters, and most of all learn and further myself to being great at what I love. Being the reserved quiet guy that I am I its awesome to be here. I am one of those dudes that will help in every way that I can if you just ask.

Fortunately for me a lot of the work had been done to this one when I got my hands on it. It is however going through a huge motor change now. I am building a gnarly bottom end and fully building the heads. Most of the parts have already been ordered and should be assembling it shortly. Finger crossed all parts come in. If you are interested in helping out in any way please please let me know. Support is the biggest and hardest thing to come by. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shane

List of mods at time of dyno: 632.15awhp/ 561.93awtq camtuning

Motor:
Stock 08 DAVCS Sti heads
Custom 10.6:1 Wiseco pistons
Manley Rods
ACL bearings
Killer B oil pick up
Full-race twin scroll header/uppipe/downpipe
CNT cat back
Dual 38mm Tial EWGs
BorgWarner s300sx 8375 .91 AR
ID 2000cc injectors
Aeromotive rails
AN fittings on lines
Custom Surge tank in spare tire well
Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator/gauge
Rotated intake manifold
TGV deletes
Full-race intake manifold and tb spacers
Garret Intercooler core custom 2.75in piping on charge side with blow through MAF 2.5 from turbo

Suspension/brakes
relocated and fully functional abs module under passenger side dash
Slotted rotors
Stance GR Coilovers
Perrin front/rear sway bars
Perrin end links
Perrin ALK bushing pressed in front A-arms.
Whiteline front a-arm bushing

Interior:
DEFI boost gauge molded into stock a-pillar
AEM UEGO
SMY gauge pod
Pioneer indash DVD/NAV/ipod unit.

Exterior:
Rota DPT 18x9.5
Nitto Nt-01's 275/35r18
Spec-C Roof Vent
Red tail lights

srbgv.jpgfbv.jpgen.jpgds.jpgfwr.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Great looking car and an amazing set up :tup: 10.6:1? holy compression batman! What kind of boost do you run?

Enjoy the site and all it has to offer. Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team! You have come to the right place! Very nice STi! :tup:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Awesome setup! I saw this dyno on the RR forums - speed density tune, right?

sturner2311

Hey thanks guys. Gingers unite! What is the RR forum, my car is already on here?! Yeah it was a open source speed density tune. I would love to start a shop one day but ultimately what be apart of a race team.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
RomRaider Forums. It was Cameron who tuned your car, right? 06wrxwagon is his handle?

sturner2311

RomRaider Forums. It was Cameron who tuned your car, right? 06wrxwagon is his handle?
Haha duh sorry all of these abbreviations its are to remember them all between car forums and the army! Thanks yes it was Cameron that tuned her. He is a good friend of mine and my brothers.

sturner2311

By the way shane, I know somewhere that engine can be assembled without idiots disturbing us, and i am willing to help you out with putting the longblock together man. I know gino will help too if you ask him.

Hey bro ha told you I would one day get on! Where is this place you speak of? I was actually thinking of doing it in my room haha.

sturner2311

Not a problem at all. I said I'd help you however I can. Even if it's just letting you use excess garage space, I'll do what I can to help you out bro. With all the time you've put in helping me with mechanical stuff, it's the least I can do for you.

Awesome. How is that new clutch? Still feel strange with how light it is?

sturner2311

it works great man. And the exhaust leak is pissing me off.. either EGTS are nuts, or I have a warped flange. Going to get an EGT sensor and maybe even pull the whole turbo out to have the machine shop check the flange straightness.

yeah thats very possible you definitely caked on the goop so it wouldnt leak!! ha maybe lets pull it of one more time and try again?

Spec-Ops Motorsports

Inactive Vendor
Holy shit dude...Welcome!! U should become a sponsor and start a garage! i wanna see more!

Shane is our lead Subaru technician now and really knows Subies. He's very ocd and does things by the book when it comes to torque specs and assembling a block. He has done our last couple motor assemblies with no issues and we couldn't be happier to have him at our shop!

Welcome to the team! You have come to the right place! Very nice STi! :tup:

Shane is a HUGE asset to the community!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Edited a post to make sure I'm not being hurtful. I'll make a public apology for my word use in that post. I will say that when it was brought to my attention that I called some people names, I didn't even realize I had done it.

I'm lost. :confused: