the fng

bamaboy1988

i just joined this forum and i have two sits i have an 05 and a 07 and I'm looking around for some performance parts but i can't find exactly what i want for my 07.im looking for a front mount intercooler kit any kind of bigger turbo upgrade and a upgraded suspension kit any help would be grately appreiated

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. Glad you could join us. :sti: FTW!

Got pics?

How much you want to spend?

bamaboy1988

well I'm a contractor in afghanistan and if i knew how to put pics on here i would lol and I'm looking to spend about 15-20k on my build right now.......and trying to figure out the sponsorship thing got any advice?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you purchase a membership we host your pictures.

15 to 20k is awesome. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello and welcome!

Let us first ask you what are your power and performance goals. If we know this, we will be able to advise you better. Are you using the car for Autocross or Time attack or circuit or will its main purpose be drag racing? Or will it be a all around street machine?

As for sponsorship the best advice I can give you is develop a relationship with the prospective sponsor. If you have never been sponsored before it will be very hard at times to get yourself in the door. A sponsor will want a return on their investment be it publicity or beta testing a product or any number of reasons and they want to be assured that they are investing in a person that can deliver. The larger vendors very rarely sponsor individuals. They like to sponsor whole teams and organizations. You might want to start out small like with a local auto store or something like that. You have a lot of networking to do and you need to prove to them that you are the right guy either trough your abilities as a driver or your popularity and presence in the community. It's not easy. Once you have a sponsor it will become increasingly easy to get more.

bamaboy1988

well eventually i want to do a complete build thinking about hooking up with cosworth and getting the entire set up and piecing together a suspension system myself and also custom painting it and body work myself

bamaboy1988

well id like to build it for autocross or time attack and planning on 800 to the wheels..........my girlfriend said i need to put around 45-50k in it i think she's right were both are certified mechanics but I'm on japanese cars she's working bmw and mercedes so yeah i got the plan i know what i want to do but just not sure which parts to go with..............as long as it isn't perrin I'm fine with it

Td_d

Commander In Chief
For those kind of numbers, and if you want to stay with Subaru as the platform (GTR would be much easier I think...) I would think that dropping in an H6 and TT setup might be a better route.

Speak to Fuji on here - he's presently busy building something stupidly powerful :tard:

bamaboy1988

isn't fiji the guy that threatened to punch jj in the nuts?...........i would take any advice that guy gave with haste

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Lot of horsing around here - but no real drama. He's our resident physicist. Literally.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
isn't fiji the guy that threatened to punch jj in the nuts?...........i would take any advice that guy gave with haste

Fuji loves me. :) Its all good here. You'll find no drama. Just a great community with great people. Fuji is the man to ask when it comes to crazy builds. :fuji:

bamaboy1988

well I'm currently talking to cosworth racing........it turns out my second cousin is their head sales rep and their cutting me a deal on their new 2.5 motor which would be awesome so I'm looking for a turbo from a different company which i think would be awesome and front mount the motor comes built and with everything else you need so now i got to figure out how to get the power to the ground and the suspension set up I'm wanting is definitely going o be awesome

STimedic

Welcome to the forum! Off to a good start I see. I can't wait to see the monster when it's done. Are you modding the 05 or the 07?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
well id like to build it for autocross or time attack and planning on 800 to the wheels..........my girlfriend said i need to put around 45-50k in it i think she's right were both are certified mechanics but I'm on japanese cars she's working bmw and mercedes so yeah i got the plan i know what i want to do but just not sure which parts to go with..............as long as it isn't perrin I'm fine with it

Well I have to be honest... Auto cross/Time attack and 800WHP are a contradiction. Simply because you will never be able to use 800whp in auto cross or time attack. To realistically get 800whp you are looking at quite a large turbo and it will not wake up until you get up there is the RPM's. Autocross and time attack require smaller fast spooling turbos and the sport demands power and torque in the mid and upper mid RPM range. For this type of event 450-500whp is quite enough.

Unless you can somehow magically get that kind of power in a lower range you are going to be largely disappointed with it. 800whp is better suited for drag racing. For 800whp you are going to need some pretty deep pockets and it is likely you will not be able to drive it on the street.

To support 800WHP I might suggest the following as a suggestion. Most of this are off the shelf parts but you can reach your goal if you are resourceful and you can do things like compound charging or use a Variable Geometry Turbo. Expect to do some fabricating none the less. There are many ways to get to 800WHP but if your not looking for a project car then...

Engine:

- Fully sleeved and pinned block with modified oil galleys. I don't recommend the Cosworth blocks. I recommend you find a good machinist and discuss your goals and your build with him.
- Pauter/Carillo/Manely all make rods that support 1000HP
- Cosworth Oil Pump
- ACL or equivalent coated Race Bearings w/Extra Oil Clearance
- Manley pistons. Have them coated
- Ported and Polished everything, Heads, headers, Waste Gate Turbo housing, Throttle Body, TGV deletes or an RS Manifold...
- Stock Heads or Spec C heads ported and polished with 1mm larger valves. I also think Cosworth head are awesome but other may disagree.
- GCS 282 cams, springs and retainers
- GT45 twin scroll turbo or larger or equivalent
- Rotated intake manifold to shorten the intercooler piping
- AMS or equivalent Front mount or Air to Water intercooler w/custom piping
- Twinscroll headers and Up-Pipe.
- Twin External Waste Gates
- 4" or larger down pipe and Exhaust
- Light weight flywheel
- triple disk clutch
- Speed density Tuning

Fuel:

- Twin in tank Aeromotive 340 pumps
- Surge Tank.
- 8AN line, Parallel feed
- Aeromotive FPR, Fuel Rails
- Top Feed injectors, 1400-1600CC (2000 if you plan on running ethanol)
- Fuel, C16, Ethanol or any equivalent race fuel.

Others can better comment on things like suspension, drivetrain and body.

Last edited:

bamaboy1988

im modding the seven if you want to see the 5 go to youtube.com and search subarubff mine is the silver one its an 05 impreza with an sit swap did it myself and it has a front mount so i bought a impreza hood and put it on its mostly for recreational messing around though so its body is a little rough lol