Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
He might. Do you want his contact info?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep. ;)

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks for the sideway pic, lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You know how it is. This phone doesn't like Tapatalk and Tapatalk doesn't like this phone. My photo uploads are always all fucked up. :/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You update you app?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Again and again and again...
I've given up and just accepted that it will never be right.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ahh lol.

Thanks for the contact.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I have no self control. I'll be bringing home another rifle by the end of the week. :lol:

This time, with a 24" stainless steel, fluted, heavy barrel. It should be able to put 3 rounds under a nickel at 100 yards. :D

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Oh man, this thing is sweet. I was going to upload a picture from my phone, but alas, the file size is too large for Tapatalk. So instead, here's a stock website photo of it.

662675m2_ts.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Very nice. I am moving the Simmons Aetec 2.8-10x44 from my Mini-14 Tactical over to the new AR. The mount should come in the mail tomorrow, but still no mags yet. That's next, and then a 15+ inch handguard with a bottom rail. I might just drill and tap some holes in the handguard for a bottom rail. I want to attach a grip-pod. If the gun can hit a baseball at 300 yards, I want to make sure I have a good rest from which to make that shot.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
How long is the barrel on you AR and what's the twist?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That's probably a lot more accurate than my 16" Mini-14 barrel. So I had to go with a tack driver and get the 24" bull barrel. I've wanted a bull barrelled rifle for years, ever since I saw someone shoot a woodchuck in the top of the head at 292 yards with a .223 Remington and a bull barrel. The 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, with the higher pressures and velocity can take full advantage of the 24" barrel to the tune of ~3,400 fps. Anytime you have muzzle flash, there is wasted energy. You want a barrel long enough to burn up every bit of that powder while still inside, propelling the bullet that much faster.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The Mk262 Mod 0, 77 grain OTM from Black Hills Ammunition, with the proper barrel, will still put 350 ft.lbs on target at 600 meters. That doesn't sound like much, but that's like getting point blanked with a .380 ACP. Which will still kill you.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Barrel twists 1:7 and 1:7.7 are preferred for stabilizing 77+ gr. bullets. Mine is 1:8 which should still do a good job.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah my buddy bought a ar pistol and holy muzzle flash!!! Have you seen the keltec KSGs??
Hell yeah. I kind of like them, though I'd probably never buy one.