The Official Java/Obsidian Black Pearl Photos Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This thread is for all Java and Obsidian Black Pearl STi's.

The discussion and photos should be based on cosmetic and aerodynamic modifications, from "Fully Race Ready" to "Murdered Out Sleeper".
Show us what's you've done to your black beauty ;-)

Here's a pic of my Subie to get this thing rolling...
DSCF2129.jpg
The Beast In It's Cage...

My 2004 Java Black Pearl STi
(that's a reflection of the ceiling on the hood)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont have many/any good pics!

Showing how short the APR GTC-200 looks compared to stock!
IMAG0015.jpg

I wish this pic had been with anything other than a cellphone!
Untitled-3.png

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I like :)

And btw, thanks for posting the pic with the wing. I always wondered how high that model sat off the trunk lid..

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Headlight BEFORE paint.jpgHeadlight AFTER paint 2.jpgHeadlight AFTER paint 3.jpgHeadlight AFTER paint 1.jpg

I did some work to my headlights a few months back. The first picture is the BEFORE, though
the amber reflector had been previously removed. Anyway, I heated the headlight housings in
the oven, opened them, removed the bezel and painted it flat black.

Nowadays, I have a light gunsmoke tint over lay on the headlights as well.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
View attachment 3074View attachment 3075View attachment 3076View attachment 3077

A few decent shots from back in the day when I was stationed in Cali. There were some
great roads out there in the mountains that made you feel like Colin McRae ;-)

C'mon guys, I know Grinder and I aren't the only ones rocking the black paint job...!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Back in the day, in Cali with that gay front licen.jpgCA-Route 79 North to Julian, CA and Lake Cuyamaca - 111322525573498.jpgCA-Route 79 North to Julian, CA and Lake Cuyamaca - 203792436326506.jpgCA-Route 79 North to Julian, CA and Lake Cuyamaca.jpg
..................................................the 4th one ^ is my favorite.

A few decent shots from back in the day when I was stationed in Cali. There were some
great roads out there in the mountains that made you feel like Colin McRae ;-)

C'mon guys, I know Grinder and I aren't the only ones rocking the black paint job...!

Last edited:

aaron.bingaman

Was it difficult taking apart and reassembling the headlights? And have you had any problems with them fogging up after? I def wanna paint mine black as well, looks sick.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's not terribly difficult. You just have to be very careful about a few things. #1. Do NOT touch
the inside of the housings...at all...ever...period. IF you slip and put a finger print on the inside, you're
actually better off leaving it. That happened to me with one of them and I tried to buff it out. I did an
amazing job buffing them out and it still leads to fogging. As a last resort, you can buff them out multiple
times with a lint free cloth and then repeat the process a few times with anti-fog lens solution.
#2. Be very, very particular about resealing the housings properly. This can be a pain in the ass by yourself,
so I'd highly recommend having a friend close by to help you out. Get a good sealant (RTV silicone or otherwise)
and lay light bead around the edges while putting them back together. Smear it around on the outer edge
with your finger to make a good seal. If you have even a tiny spot that didn't seal, your $100 low beam HID
bulbs will fail faster than usual AND you'll have fogging.

I've had to take them apart since the initial work, anti-fog the insides and reseal them AGAIN.

In hindsight, I like the look, but I don't know if I'd attempt this modifications again. In fact, I'd check with companies
that do headlight conversions, etc. to see if I could have them do the work professionally.

Now that I've done it a couple times now, I'm sure I'd do a better job the next time around. If you do plan on trying
this yourself, let me know and I will walk you through it.