The Post Whore Thread!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I see his account is closed now. Here is Kevin's lame ass excuse for banning him. Keep in mind he was calling out IWSTi in the Post Whore Thread for filtering "IGOTASTi" like it was a swear word.

Torq is my Hero!

I presume the members who received temp bans today will be back if they so choose when their time outs expire, or not. Either way, there is a proper way to raise points in a public forum and disrespecting the moderator team intentionally dodging the swear filter for the sake of dodging the swear filter among a lot of other things is not only against the rules, but isn't super cool when we are trying to run a forum for a much larger community at large.

If they want to go out particpate on other forums out there and engage in whatever behavior is tolerated, then that is their prerogative.

Two things are happening. First, moderators across all levels are adjusting to their new roles. Nobody claims moderators are perfect. Nor do all moderators have the same tolerance for rule violations, especially when it relates to calling moderates out and disrespecting the members who moderate in their free time to keep this a resource for all people.

I still maintain that these people should post in the private support forum or use PM if there is an issue or disagreement with the moderation or management of this site. Most members don't seem to have a problem with this. Others do, so the new moderators enforce the rules.

Second, everybody has been fairly warned about rule violations. Moderators have been given the green light to use 1 and 3 days temporary timeouts when justified especially for the members who don't seem to be getting the message.

Either they will get the message and conform, or they will simply avoid the site.

Finally, and I realize this is really a third point, some people receive points for the same things that others receive warnings for, which is explained by the fact that we have a diverse mod team that moderates differently. They enjoy the discretion to assign points vs. give a warning when there is a rule violation. It just goes with the territory. The reality is the infraction system impacts very few people. Even if someone is wrongfully given a temporary timeout, they can still send a message to me and I review their case and address the situation with the mod team. Sometimes the member doesn't represent the facts and in other case the timeout is overturned once I have a frank discussion with the moderator.

In the end, the moderator team makes IWSTI a better place for current and future visitors. Does this mean it stays the same over time? Absolutely not. Chances are the older chassis is now more affordable and not only has the site grown but it has become more diverse with more people young and old, some more mature than others, but everyone is here for the same reason. Enthusiasm for STI and the Subaru brand (or the PWT). If someone is banned or given a temporary timeout, they deserve it 99 times out of 100.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hey guys good news! We are now on all search engines listed on page 2 and moving up the ranks. Thanks guys for all the hard work. I hope you know that what we have here is awesome and it's not gonna change no matter how big we get. It's not just me and Holy knows that as he was talking to me this week. We are a community and we all have a say. We are pay the bills with all the donations everyone has gave us and we are gonna grow stronger and learn together. Keep up the great work.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeppers! Kevin has done some illegal things to me, but I forgive him.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I guess things have changed. Oh well. Now your stuck with us, lol!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hey I'm always willing to try something new.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What did that feel like?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well that's not a good thing. Hope your OK or at least your hand to type, lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Not much just chatting away.