The Post Whore Thread!

ZackUSAF82

Ugh, that really sucks... :( Not that it would have been better if it was older but it really stinks that it was still brand new. Keep us posted on what they find out when they tear into it.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What clutch do you have?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Phew. Finally get to sit down and type. Well lie down cause im in bed. Lets begin before i pass out

Today i went over to my mechanics place to do my timing belt and all of the fluid swaps. Here is a list of what was done to my car:

-racing timing belt with all the pulleys tensioners and pumps
-tranny oil
-rear diff oil
-engine oil
-coolant

Ok so lets start with the timing belt. Ive seen quite a few timing belts online from people doing their belts late. 100-150k miles. Every single damn picture that i have seen showed the belt chewed up and with heavy usage. When we got to my belt it looked brand new. It had some filth and whatnot from over time but the belt looked brand new. Not a single tear or crack. Now mind you. I bought the car at 49,079 and am the 5th owner. If the timing belt was done before i got the car, that means that it is CERTAIN i have an aftermarket clutch. We just dont know which one exactly. So the possibilities of having an engine that has been modified are starting to become higher and higher. Moving on. So timing belt was swapped. Pullies tensioners and pump all replaced. Old parts that were removed look pretty damn good. I kept all of the old items. You could definitely feel the difference in quality in the racing belt compared to an oem belt. After everything was alligned and torqued to spec we poured in the coolant. Burped it and its all good now.

Trans and rear diff fluids now. They looked brand new when we drained them. They had about 9k miles or so but the fucking trans kept grinding. Not it DOES NOT grind at all. Each gear is engaged great. Still notchy. But engages well as it should.

Engine oil looked a little black from sitting. Only 1247 miles on that oil change. Love the smell of the red dominator! :tup:

We didnt get to the brake clutch and power steering fluid but i have amsoil waiting. I started that thread with the clutch master cylinder. Also sold the accessport. Got the tactrix. Fixed the laptop. Now gotta learn to use romraider and we can commence forward!

Two things i noticed today wrong with the car:
-a nut is missing from downpipe to turbo connection
-a bolt is missing from the tranny mount

Now... Would anyone know the site of nut needed to put on the downpipe/turbo connection? Would anyone know if the dealer carries tranny bolts as separate items for sale?

Need to look into those two things tomorrow. All in all today was a great day. Definitely got to look around the car in great depth. Timing belt is a piece of cake if you have the tools necessarry and can follow directions. :lol: just time consuming.

The old hoses and clamps for the radiator tore and broke. So had to buy new ones. I guess 10 years of ohio can do that. Really am happy this past winter i didnt drive. The car wouldve fallen apart. :lol:

Drives exactly like it did before the timing belt swap. Anyone know why the damn belt would NOT look chewed up and beat to shit almost ready to be ripped apart??? I did beat the crap out of her the first two years before i started learning and reading more indepth info. You know. Young and stupid. Bad tune. Raping the gear in wot. Yadda yadda. Compression was great across the board and i have not wot unless instructed for the past 1.5-2 years. Definitely been taking care of the car. I guess timing belt has shown that. Any info or input is suggested and welcomed! :ty:

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
I'm afraid I can't answer as to the belt, the most likely is that it was replaced before you got it. The bolts can be bought from the dealer, as I've seen a few buddies of mine buy them, being unable to find out the right size for several bolts that got lost on a rebuild. I'm just glad to hear that she's in good shape, isn't grinding, and isn't gonna cause too much issue getting 100% again. :)
:bigtup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
lDvL6y3.gif

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Quick question, if it get's a ton responses, we'll move it into it's own thread.

What tire pressures do you guys use for autocross?

C'mon man, technical questions, technical forums. And JJ, you responded without reprimand!

Also, check out my senna thread. That man was ridiculous. I might've gotten misty at some point during watching his vids.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sorry. :(

I'll ban [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

Grinder34

Track Monkey
dang, i dont frequent this thread enought, but theres an awful lot of technical talk in here. I'll start issuing demerits and frowny-faces on report cards.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Please dont venture into my ass threads. Too much technicality in those threads! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ass-threads? Like your g-string you enjoy wearing so much?

Yes. Exactly. Dont show anyone else the pictures. Those are specially taken just for you!