The Post Whore Thread!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Which one? The strongest challeneger currently is the srt which is a 6.4l. The hellcat will have a 6.2l supercharged. Also the brakes will be beefier. The suspension seems to be different too. 11.4 off the lot or 10.8 with drag radials for 1/4 mile. Now im seeing a 2.5k gas guzzler tax lmao... 62.5k now. Regardless. What youre getting from factory for the money is quite impressive.

Lets take a 36k base sti and toss 26k in mods... Sure you can attain similar performance but sti doesnt include it from the factory. Cant wait to see what hll unleahes with basic boltons

@IGOTASTi.COM @WRB_STi @Spamby @Batmobile_Engage @Grinder34 @HolyCrapItsFast @zax

how the hell is the srt hellcat gonna cost only $60????!!!! (59,995) and offer those specs..... Wtf.....

i understand its different but its 2015 and things are way better than previously in terms of performance. But holy shit man only $60k?..... Thoughts on other car manufacturer's future?

I mean imagine the hellcat with just some bolt ons.... :doh:

Yea if they sell at that price that will be my next car. My father and a couples buddy's of mine have the r/t challenger and I love them. I think they are the nicest looking muscle car in production right now.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm not saying that it's not impressive, but we'll have to look at the numbers that they produce. If they build enough of them, it will be cost effective for the company to include upgrades to things such as the suspension. When you look at the hundreds of thousands, or millions of units (parts/components) that Tier 1 suppliers are selling to the car manufacturers, it's easier to understand the overall cost of a vehicle. For example, I've seen a number of electronics that may retail as an option for $600-1200 at the dealership, being sold to the manufacturers at ~$30-60 a piece.
There's not enough information yet to make a determination on the validity of the price. Either way, ~$60k for a 700 hp car is pretty badass.

Which one? The strongest challeneger currently is the srt which is a 6.4l. The hellcat will have a 6.2l supercharged. Also the brakes will be beefier. The suspension seems to be different too. 11.4 off the lot or 10.8 with drag radials for 1/4 mile. Now im seeing a 2.5k gas guzzler tax lmao... 62.5k now. Regardless. What youre getting from factory for the money is quite impressive.

Lets take a 36k base sti and toss 26k in mods... Sure you can attain similar performance but sti doesnt include it from the factory. Cant wait to see what hll unleahes with basic boltons

The hellcat and the gt500 are both very impressive for the price. But they will prob have troubles for the first couple years (the hellcat I mean)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We will see. I also have an eye out for the 2016 mustang gt350

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I had a dream about you guys. It was weird.

I went to go put a card on some modded STI, and as i was putting it on, two tennis-club looking grannys were walking up. I asked if it was her car, and handed her the card. She was very polite and was like, "oh, thats what my son is always doing, but its not my thing. He's on there, his name is ____ (i forget who she said)." As I walked away, I realized the STI was a golf cart that looked like an STI.

Weird.

That goes for the Gt500 as well. Base price for it was 62k I think. Pretty cheap for a 200mph car making 662 ponies and comes with a warranty. Not often you can buy a 10 second car for under 100K.

I had a dream about you guys. It was weird.

I went to go put a card on some modded STI, and as i was putting it on, two tennis-club looking grannys were walking up. I asked if it was her car, and handed her the card. She was very polite and was like, "oh, thats what my son is always doing, but its not my thing. He's on there, his name is ____ (i forget who she said)." As I walked away, I realized the STI was a golf cart that looked like an STI.

Weird.

Now thats a weird dream hahah

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] Interesting dream! Did you happen to induce on anything out of the ordinary earlier that day? :lol:
[MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] You said you've driven a new Shelby if I remember correctly. Would you take it over your STi? (Not sure what to assume, so I'll ask the question regardless. :lol: The other conflict is that you have both an EVO and an STi.)

Gussy818

y5a7ehaz.jpg

Last week going to Vegas I got pulled over....I wasn't paying attention to the odometer but I was going 93 on a 70!

I got lucky with just a warning!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Radar Detector and laser jammer and you don't need to look at the odometer! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Radar detectors are illegal in VA :(
Well, that's some bullshit... Even if you're from out of state? Say I have one and I'm visiting you, would it still be illegal because I "didn't" know that's a law in VA? :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
14674961551_4f86c943ff_b.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, that's some bullshit... Even if you're from out of state? Say I have one and I'm visiting you, would it still be illegal because I "didn't" know that's a law in VA? :lol:

Yep.

*Technically* it should be in the trunk or a locked glovebox in VA. Otherwise they can say you were using it, then threw it in the back seat. There are HUGE signs on the way into the state announcing they're illegal.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
14453938qqf.jpg

14453942aqy.jpg
0_319af_2c1074f_XL.jpg

What headlights are these??

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Apparently they're Morettes for the Hawkeyes!!!! Why have I never seen them before!!!!!! :angry:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Interesting.....

R1aK50BuqBI.jpg