The Post Whore Thread!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I just wanted you all to know that Im in Argentina with a private hot tub, a suitcase full of wine, and its been 80 degrees every day for the last week. :thumbsup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hah, but my carryon has 6 bottles of wine! I'm pretty sure the TSA strip-searches you if you try that!

TK-421

My Uncle flies MD-88's for Delta, I've traveled to more places than I can remember especially when my old man was alive as a kid. When he passed I took over his mileage, and as much as I travel, I've accumulated over 3 million miles through the sky miles program.

TK-421

Germany, France, Russia, Japan, Australia, England, Hawaii Several times, Spain and Japan a couple of times as a kid. That's all of my long distance flying I did with my old man when he worked for Alcoa and ICI Explosives

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So how do we get the hook up?

TK-421

Depends on where your going and what your declaring with customs and where your coming from after your visit

TK-421

Aviation and air travel is a hobby of mine, on my off time from work I'm one of those people who jump on a plane fly to nowhere in particular and then turn around to fly right back all in the same day. I do it for the mileage and also because there is nothing like the experience of flight. So I know my way around the airline system, airports and traveling quite well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Any tips?

We travel to the Bahamas a lot.

TK-421

Don't fly on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Most business travel is during those days and it accounts for the high volume. If flying during the summer months always book a 5am or 6am departure as nobody wants to travel at that time. When picking an airport to change at especially when flying Delta, US Airways/American or United, heck any of the airlines avoid a plane change in the "northeast corridor" that includes airports such as EWR (Newerk), JFK (Kennedy), LGA (New York LaGuardia), BOS (Boston Logan), PHL (Philadelphia), BWI (Baltimore), DCA (Reagan National) or IAD (Washington Dulles) most of the flights in or out of these places are delayed significantly due to the heavy regional jet traffic and what is called "stacking" stacking is where planes are put into holding patterns and in the PHL, EWR, JFK and LGA airspace, they all intersect each other and cause planes that are in holding patterns for PHL to be backed up all the way out to Harrisburg, when it starts to encroach south it hampers airspace for BWI, DCA and IAD. DCA has the most restrictive airspace out if any airport in the world because if it's close proximation to the capital, runway 33 for example at DCA is directly inline with the White House which makes landing a very difficult challenge and the River Visual LDA approach to Runway 19 is one of the top 3 hardest approaches in the United States. So with all the small 50 seat regional jet traffic jamming things up it makes it much harder for international and coast to coast "mainline" flights to depart on time.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love learning new things. ?