The Post Whore Thread!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Has anyone ever tuned or seen a BONE STOCK sti at 19 psi? Im curious as to what it would put down and how the dyno plot curve would look.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The Batmobile was once tuned for 20 psi on the factory turbo. Obviously, that turbo wasn't big enough to continue supplying 20 psi to redline. I think boost had dropped off to 9-10 psi by 7000rpms.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You said factory turbo. I said BONE STOCK car. Are we referring to the same thing?

Stock downpipe
Stock catback
Stock everything

Maybe you guys can do that to me lol. But I still would need the cable or ap. Which may take awhile.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Maybe you guys can do that to me lol. But I still would need the cable or ap. Which may take awhile.

Tactrix, aem uego, dp o2 bung.

Im really really really really really curious to see what a bone stock car would push to the wheels with one of [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] tunes!

TK-421

I have, I've tuned a factory bone stock STi to 19 psi, but it's kind of pointless, a lot of restriction in the factory exhaust system. It creates a shit load of back pressure with both the cats in place. And having the stock Downpipe bottle neck at the exducer side of the turbo creates a lot of turbulence and causes wastegate chatter at anything past 17 psi.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have, I've tuned a factory bone stock STi to 19 psi, but it's kind of pointless, a lot of restriction in the factory exhaust system. It creates a shit load of back pressure with both the cats in place. And having the stock Downpipe bottle neck at the exducer side of the turbo creates a lot of turbulence and causes wastegate chatter at anything past 17 psi.

What power did it make?

TK-421

Just a hair under 280hp and 295 wtq on a mustang dyno with correction factor. One of the guys at the old shop had picked up a brand new STi and wanted me to push it. I asked him if he drank the bong water too.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dang thats great for a bone stock! :ty:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You said factory turbo. I said BONE STOCK car. Are we referring to the same thing?

Stock downpipe
Stock catback
Stock everything

You're right, I guess I didn't read thoroughly.

That was with a catted Cobb DP, Cobb 3" catback, a short ram intake and a Walbro 255.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Fantastic news! Did he built it afterwards?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:rofl: wow

TK-421

And mind you the injector duty cycle was maxed wayyyyy the hell out and the pump was screaming like a Japanese school girl being molested

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
KonichiWWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah it is, but! The turbo ended up shitting the bed about 3 weeks later due to the increased exhaust gas pressures
How exactly did that turbo shit the bed? Standard VF39 wastegate crack? That's how my old VF39 died.