The Post Whore Thread!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Morning yall! Sorry for being so quiet recently, been busy as hell with work & family visiting, etc. Hows everyone doing?

Welcome back! Ive been well! I hope youve been enjoying the weather that your spoiled with! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I was thinking yesterday, since I encounter so many crazy occurrences on the highway, I should
almost get a dash cam like all those crazy Russians on YouTube. :lol: It would definitely be entertaining
AND if I ever get pulled over for some bullshit, I may have evidence to fight the ticket.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I was thinking yesterday, since I encounter so many crazy occurrences on the highway, I should
almost get a dash cam like all those crazy Russians on YouTube. :lol: It would definitely be entertaining
AND if I ever get pulled over for some bullshit, I may have evidence to fight the ticket.

Could be the start of an internet sensation. You can name it "The Batmobile Chronicles*"!!!!

*if you choose to use this name and are successful, i earn 15% of profit for generating the idea of the series' name.

:lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Could be the start of an internet sensation. You can name it "The Batmobile Chronicles*"!!!!

*if you choose to use this name and are successful, i earn 15% of profit for generating the idea of the series' name.

I'll remember you Alinro! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:tup: ;)

Now we just have to come up with a logo and a buy a dashcam! I can chip in for the cam! :lol:

Until I come up with something better, this will be the logo: :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Godamn.... Thats insane. I wasnt able to hear. Only watch. Did they say how hot it got??

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Don't worry about the audio, even though the turbo sounded good, it was incredibly loud and distorted.
I'd have to guess his EGTs were sustained around 1700*F. I almost feel like it could be hotter, but IIRC
billet aluminum alloys and cast iron both start to get soft and warp at 1800*F which would damage the turbine.
Sooo.....idk. What do you think?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have no idea on temperatures....

Thats why im asking you so i can learn! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Then again, it might even be hotter because I have had my EGTs (when WOT for a long time on the track) hit 1650-1750*F and I'm also running methanol which cools things down a little bit.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Then again, it might even be hotter because I have had my EGTs (when WOT for a long time on the track) hit 1650-1750*F and I'm also running methanol which cools things down a little bit.

How did you measure those temps?

(Accessport = sensors?)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
DEFI EGT gauge and EGT sensor placed 2-3" from Cylinder #4.

Ahhhh ok. :tup:

Sheesh... Do bigger engines produce more heat. Lets say a v8 5.0l and v12 7.0l.... Ect ect

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Uhhh...honestly I'm not sure. I think EGT numbers are mostly dependent upon AFR.
I'd imagine that my turbo isn't seeing all of that 1700*F because of the position of our
turbos, so far away from the exhaust ports in the heads, but I do have my header wrapped,
so who knows.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Wow that's damn hot. I'd definitely be wrapping that up. Ours may not get that hot but I could see them glowing if your pushing it hard enough and long enough.
Just a small correction but aluminum will melt at 1200* and cast iron around 2200 but depending on the cast. The turbine housing is probably high in inconel and will resist higher than 2000*, say 2500*.

Here's a good read:

http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/turbocharger_technology.htm

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow that's damn hot. I'd definitely be wrapping that up. Ours may not get that hot but I could see them glowing if your pushing it hard enough and long enough.
Just a small correction but aluminum will melt at 1200* and cast iron around 2200 but depending on the cast. The turbine housing is probably high in inconel and will resist higher than 2000*, say 2500*.

Here's a good read:

http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/turbocharger_technology.htm

Will read this when i get home later today. I have 31 stores to go to today...